Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Currently Active Users: 116.

i know ive been gone for a year but thats because of my job but dam where did all the peeps go? ive never seen this site uner 300 users before. hell i went into the kawasaki section and there was no posts in the past 2 months. its a shame because this was the best place to go for advice for anything. you guys helped me with bikes builds and personal life many times. or did everyone leave because i was gone for a year lol. anyhow im just dropping in to say hi to everyone

Long story short.

Site gets sold to a large company to keep the site alive. Fear mongering took over and people fled.

Well its pretty much made me just stick to local boards now and boards to other hobbies. Just come in now to see what the other mods and regulars that are left are up to.

I think some people that spent their childhood growing up safe at home hiding behind their computer has contributed to many sites loosing interest as well. Their lack of a good old fashioned ass whoopin for running their mouth has created a generation of disrespectful idiots lacking proper communication skill'z.

It has changed across all boards. I am a member of several and I see changes. The large mega boards are breaking up into smaller, more local and regional forums. When the mega corporations swooped in and started gobbling up motorcycle forums, they were interested in marketing, advertising and profits. They didn't care about motorcycles, or the people on the forums that made the board successful enough that caught the eye of the megacorp to begin with.

Every forum has a personality. It takes on the characteristics of the people who post there. This Forum had a great family aspect and the poo slinging and flaming was kept in check, not by mods or admin, but by the members themselves. When someone got out of line, the members would put them back on the path.

What was unfair here was history created the future. MegaCorp was buying up forums, making, perhaps forcing, many changes. Some were crammed down the members throats. They treated members poorly, and all they cared about was money and profits. As their empire grew, members fled from MegaCorp sites as many of the sites were destroyed and turned into ghost towns.

By the time CycleForums was bought, MegaCorp was realizing they were peeing in their own well and they were their own enemy. They were running off and alienating the very people they were trying to reach with their message. They were making the changes, but the reputation of MegaCorp's scortched earth campaign preceeded them so many members fled based on what if...instead of what is.

Because of poor practices in the beginning, it will be hard to get members to come back. I, myself saw several instances where certain admin names appeared on forums and they were complete jerks and abused members for what it seemed to be was a personal power trip.

This forum has survived, albeit much smaller form. I logged on to a forum recently where I had been one of the first 50 members...after it was bought it was quickly destroyed, when I logged on and clicked New Posts recently, there were 10...in 3 weeks...

All we can do is keep in contact with as many former members as we can, and see if they will come back.

" certain admin names appeared on forums and they were complete jerks and abused members for what it seemed to be was a personal power trip. "

True, this has happened across all sites past few years, moderators form their gangs and run good folks off when they feel threatened and get jealous from a lack of attention. They have their little group of keyboard warriors that have never had a good old fashioned ass stomping then cry to their moderators when they get called out. Pussy's........

I check it every couple of months and the front page still has posts on it from the last time I checked. Someone should do the descent thing put a gun to the back of this forum's head. If it was good enough for Barbaro, who was actually worth somethng...

I am still around and check in once in a while. I just realized that I don't have much to say in general. I guess there were good discussions, but it's kinda difficult to remain interested in anything. I don't watch news, etc. for the same reason.

I'm still around and check in from time to time but end up lurking more than anything. Honestly, I have a family with two rug-rats that command a lot of my time. My definition of "riding" has turned into "commuting" to and from work! :(

So, I keep my bike up to date and clean and ride it as often as I can but, I do not have the time to chase down the lastest news and products to discuss them here.

Bloody hell, I almost forgot my user name. :crackup

Speaking of "certain admin names", Stewie still in the closet?:twofinger
Stewie no longer admins here. Yung is the new admin (uses the same account as Stewie did) unless someone else got assigned and hasnt introduced themselves.

Dont worry. I forgot my user name on a few other forums I went back to that I havent been at in a while. :crackup

Rez fell on some very bad circumstances....multiple accidents (not his fault) left him in a medical nightmare and he HAD to do something. Selling the site was only one of MANY things the poor guy had to do (that he never wanted too)

Many took refuse on a t w o w h e e l temporary f i x site that became permanent, but others all went local.

I tried the temporary f i x and just never liked it….so I’m local. I still communicate with several of the OG members of CF and SBN thru FB though.

That reminds me Rob....d'you ever get on FB?

Rez fell on some very bad circumstances....multiple accidents (not his fault) left him in a medical nightmare and he HAD to do something. Selling the site was only one of MANY things the poor guy had to do (that he never wanted too)

Many took refuse on a t w o w h e e l temporary f i x site that became permanent, but others all went local.

I tried the temporary f i x and just never liked it….so I’m local. I still communicate with several of the OG members of CF and SBN thru FB though.

Dj Rezin is there and Nancy too. I'm there as are a few of the other ol' members of the gang. PM me if you need more info in tracking us down!

Which Rob?:crackup I have a FB one now so I can tell someone its not her computer but FB when it acts up.:crackup

:laughing THAT explains why I only ever see you on Facebook dude

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.