LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
P.S. Prrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1NAMLLN Send a message via Yahoo to 1NAMLLN
HOV - North towards Pentagon

So I rode in this morning and went HOV from Woodbrige. My ride was pleasant and quite successful until I had to get off at the Pentagon, at which point the DPS (Derek Positioning System) failed. I rarely navigate around the Pentagon and almost always pick the wrong way when I do.

Anyone know the correct way to get off the HOV lane and end up back near Washington Blvd going into Arlington?

So please, when you cry let it flow
I might..make you stay, let you go
Its true, what they say
Fucking for love might be the last legal drug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 05:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to novasquid Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid
it's been awhile since i rode HOV into arlington (i did it for a few years) but doesn't the first left exit off HOV put you onto washington blvd? it may be going away from arlington though.

from there what i used to do was take the north pentagon parking lot exit off wash blvd, drive under the bridge, and took that road into arlington and the usa today building.

D'oh!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 05:46 AM
My wife checks up on me here. Hi hunny!

If you want to head west on 27 then you get off the HOV at the pentagon exit. when you get to the bottom hang a right which will put you at a light at Army Navy Drive. Hang a right onto Army Navy Drive then take a right at the second light like you're getting on to 395. Stay in the right hand lane and that will put you on 27 heading towards Ft. Myer.

Someone needs to double check me, but I'm about 95% sure this is the way unless the Pentagon security folks changed something there.

Last edited by MAC R6; 08-11-2004 at 05:53 AM.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
P.S. Prrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Quote:
novasquid said:
it's been awhile since i rode HOV into arlington (i did it for a few years) but doesn't the first left exit off HOV put you onto washington blvd? it may be going away from arlington though.

from there what i used to do was take the north pentagon parking lot exit off wash blvd, drive under the bridge, and took that road into arlington and the usa today building.
Yes, the first left exit puts you on Washington, but going the wrong way. I pulled off into the Pentagon North parking lot, but that is where I decided that it looked wrong. Not to mention I have some unexplained fear of ending up in an area I do not belong with armed men questioning me. I think I should have kept going though and that road you are referring to is 110 I believe. I will give it another go another day.

The next $10K question will be how to go from here (Washington Blvd and 50) to where the HOV lane starts...as opposed to going down 395 and catching it at Edsall.

Its true, what they say
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
P.S. Prrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Quote:
MAC R6 said:
If you want to head west on 27 then you get off the HOV at the pentagon exit. when you get to the bottom hang a right which will put you at a light at Army Navy Drive. Hang a right onto Army Navy Drive then take a right at the second light like you're getting on to 395. Stay in the right hand lane and that will put you on 27 heading towards Ft. Myer.

Someone needs to double check me, but I'm about 95% sure this is the way unless the Pentagon security folks changed something there.
Things may have changed, but the HOV spits you off on Washington Blvd going towards DC and/or the GW Parkway. There is no option for hanging a right off the ramp, except to take the Pentagon North parking lot exit.

Its true, what they say
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 06:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to novasquid Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid
i think mac is talking about the next exit off the HOV, which is on the right. and i think it's always backed up too.

from the pentagon's north parking lot if you kept turning right you would've ended up under the bridge and onto the road that goes right into arlington. that same road going the other way has an exit to 395 and an HOV entrance.

D'oh!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
P.S. Prrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Muchos Nachos.

Its true, what they say
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 05:10 AM
My wife checks up on me here. Hi hunny!

Quote:
novasquid said:
i think mac is talking about the next exit off the HOV, which is on the right. and i think it's always backed up too.

from the pentagon's north parking lot if you kept turning right you would've ended up under the bridge and onto the road that goes right into arlington. that same road going the other way has an exit to 395 and an HOV entrance.
Roger, I haven't gone down that way in about 2 1/2 years. but it used to be backed up then, not bad though. didn't take but about 30 secs to get down the ramp. Plus i worked right there on Army Navy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page