Leather jacket tailoring in Louisiana? - Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Leather jacket tailoring in Louisiana?

Hey guys, I'm new around here, but it looks like y'all are full of good advice.

I've got a jacket that I love - Icon 1000 Chapter jacket - but it doesn't fit me right. I made a rookie mistake and ordered online without trying it on first. I ended up getting a jacket that was way too big for me, but I couldn't return it, and since it was at the end of the model's sales life, I couldn't find a smaller size. I loved the jacket, and I thought it was close enough to the right size that it would do. However, the longer I had the jacket, the more I realized an ill-fitting armored jacket kind of defeats the purpose. I've taken to wearing my well-fitting textile jacket instead of the sweet leather jacket that now mostly just hangs in a closet. I've thought about trying to sell it, but I really do like the jacket a lot, so I'm trying to find a way to make it work.

Obviously, the first thought is to have it tailored. I've had clothes tailored before with great results, but I know leather will be more difficult, more expensive, and cannot be done by a normal tailor. Are any of you guys familiar with Baton Rouge, LA or surrounding area, and able to recommend a good place to see about getting this thing tailored to me? I know I could probably ship it out somewhere, but if I could find somewhere within a day's trip I'd really like to get fitted in person and talk to the tailor.

One of the other perks of having it tailored is that I think it's probably the best way to get a really good fitting jacket anyway. I'm 6'5", 195lbs, so it's not super common to find a great fit right off the rack. Sleeves length and torso length on the Icon are currently great, but the width of the jacket could fit another person inside with me!

Any suggestions are very appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page