02 GSX-R 750, sag is set, should i raise the forks in the triple? D207 zr on now M1 s - Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2003, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
02 GSX-R 750, sag is set, should i raise the forks in the triple? D207 zr on now M1 s

I do mostly street riding but street riding around hear is mostly twisties, I plan on doing some track days., I have set the sag and plan on putting on some M1's this summer. I have not played with the damping or the rebound on the front and back yet, i am open to suggestions there to. I weight 180 pounds. Thanks

2002 B&W GSX-R 750,Graves Full TI System, PC 3 R,TRE "Switchable",CR9EIX Iridium, Galfer SS brake lines.Framesliders, L&P Intergrator kit, L&P front flush mounts,ZG DB smoked screen,2002 honda accord, 03 Honda Pilot,86Z28, redone from the ground up and worked,Ready for road racing. 03 SUZUKI Z 400 quad,team suzuki exhaust,Hotcams,
http://www.clubbangaz.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

How would I go about raiseing the rear?

2002 B&W GSX-R 750,Graves Full TI System, PC 3 R,TRE "Switchable",CR9EIX Iridium, Galfer SS brake lines.Framesliders, L&P Intergrator kit, L&P front flush mounts,ZG DB smoked screen,2002 honda accord, 03 Honda Pilot,86Z28, redone from the ground up and worked,Ready for road racing. 03 SUZUKI Z 400 quad,team suzuki exhaust,Hotcams,
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 12:36 PM

i would try raising the back.i think you can use a shim under the top of the shock
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Where do I get the washers to raise the rear?

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2003, 09:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to TeamUrbanRacing
bring the fork tubes up 10mm above the triple use a mic to make sure both are at 10mm this will allow you to turn in faster. and move the clip ons below the top triple.

fasttraxx
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2003, 10:20 AM
Too Good to be All Bad

Put everything to stock settings.

Properly set sag.

Ride the thing.

If it wants to push comeing out of corners, raise the rear a bit, until the feeling goes away

If it's hard to initiate turn in, you might want to drop the forks _a little bit_ in the tripples. Try 2mm at a time. If the front starts to feel like it's going to tuck, you've gone too far.

For the street, stock geometry typicaly works very well. I'd try possibly rasing the rear a bit to help with a pusing (running wide) problem. Raising the rear will also help turn in.

For the track, start with stock, and make minor changes, one at a time, noting lap times, until you get to where you want it.

Bottom line : if there's someone in your area that is a suspension guru (I don't mean you buddies friend who's this amature racer, a professoinal that knows his stuff), they'll be able to help you out. Even if they want $25/50 it's well worth the cash if they know what there doing.

#665 EX : Almost Evil Racing

2-Fast Motorcycle Track Days and Instruction

"It's not misspelled, it's keeping the english language alive, online."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2003, 11:26 AM
Old Man Gixxer

keep in mind, that after raising the ride height, you have to reset the SAG...

Track Day Junkie
Old, and Slow
www.njkleathers.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page