Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

Washington State riders: Come ride with us on July 23 to Mt. Rainier

2K views 39 replies 19 participants last post by  showcasefury 
#1 ·
I have posted this ride in another part of this forum that is not used too much, by western Washington riders, but I have organized a ride to Mt. Rainier on July 23rd (Saturday).

I have posted this ride all over the net, and so far there is at least 25 riders that I know of who will ride with me, leaving from the Tacoma Mall at 11:00am

I set this date for the 23rd because I am working over seas for the military and my vacation is in July. I ask that if you will ride with me to please send me an email to showcasefury@yahoo.com or reply to this tread, because I am making reservations to eat on or around the mountain.

So if your would like to ride with me please let me know. People join this ride every week it will be fun, and safe.

thanks.

I would love to have you to ride with us. It will be a chill ride

#3 ·
The ride is for novice and experience riders alike. We will cruse to the Mountain on or around the speed limit. When we enter the Mt. Rainier National Park the ride up the mountain, and back down the mountain will be according to riders ability groups, the faster riders first, the slower riders last. That way no one will push themselves above their limits, and the faster riders will also have their fun.
This ride is not intended to be a race, but an opportunity to meet other riders in your local area, and have a nice fun ride

#4 ·
You guys know that the actual ride in the park SUCKS!!!! Gravel EVRYWHERE and there is way too many cars on a weekend. I would NEVER suggest a spirited ride in the park. There are ALOT of good roads to get there if your looking for a spirited ride. Orville rd takes you to hwy 161 and then the section of hwy 7 is my personal fav...but the park itself is at best around 30mph because of all of the gravel/sand.

#11 ·
Gsxrrg I have changed the route to another one. I have posted this one 5 sites, and there is a good number of people riding, I will post the chang soon, it will be good to have you with me. I want a lot of riders to join me, that is why I posted it now, so people will set a day out for this ride. and I am over seas and that is when I take my vacation

#17 ·
CBRmania thanks for posting that route up for me…. I could not figure it out….

With it being a large number of riders, I have already and will again post the riding guidelines I saw on this site. I will do my best to make sure I stress to the riders about endangering others. I will stress safety in the post of the ride 2 weeks before we ride out. by posting early like I did, it was just to see how many people was up for something like this, and the replies was good so it is worth all my efforts, to put this together.
But again I will make sure I stress riding responsible.

#26 ·
i think i just took this loop or maybe a smaller version of this one that comes out in seattle, but it went through black diamond and issaquah and i saw no cops and it was a nice ride.. by chance is there a area you go through with a traffic light and on your left there is like 3 or 4 castle houses? i am from another forum and ive already said that i am down for this ride

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.