Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Greg's DJ Partner
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got it and installed it at lunch... undertail and devil high mount on their way next... passenger pegs are coming off tonight. Looks sharp!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Lookin' good! I'd take it down to a paint shop and see if they can throw a blue swooshy-thing on there.... Ya know, to make the color flow better. All that white is kinda bland. Sweet bike, though! Keep it up.

·
Moderator,
3,129 Posts
Having it fade from Blue to white might make it look a little better. Still looks good though..

rainmaker said:
Lookin' good! I'd take it down to a paint shop and see if they can throw a blue swooshy-thing on there.... Ya know, to make the color flow better. All that white is kinda bland. Sweet bike, though! Keep it up.

·
Squid on an R1
81 Posts
rainmaker said:
You could get a decal from TrickTape that looks something like the one on the tail that would look even better then it does now

·
Registered
136 Posts
greco gixxer said:
Having it fade from Blue to white might make it look a little better. Still looks good though..
i did that on my 1k, i might add more blue this winter....but it was black when i got it and needed to spray it with the quickness.

·
Registered
454 Posts
nice, but a bit big. i agree with the people that say add some blue. I prefer the clean look without it at all myself.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re: INPUT PLEASE!!!!!

FreakyHard said:
I just installed the same hugger on my 02 tele and I am not sure if I want to paint it (almost $400 for paint in stock colors). Please dont hold back I want to see what the feelings are.....I kinda like it but at the same time I kinda wanna see it in Tele blue:(
yep i'd go with the tele blue as well, let me just say that i am jeaslous as hell that bike is the sweetest looking 600 ever made! i would love to have one! the only other thing you might, notice i say might consider to enhance the looks of that bike is to get the wheelz powdercoated to match the yellow. or maybe just one wheel, that would look sweet too. great bike man!:thumb

·
Super Greg's DJ Partner
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Personally the black looks pretty good... telephonica blue would look better... but i dont know about $400 better... if it were me, id stick with black, based on the cost for the minor improvement

·
Super Greg's DJ Partner
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sell it, while its new, recoup some of the costs, and try to get a used CF one or worst comes to worst a new cf one... the whole deal would be cheaper than painting it blue...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re: Thank You!

FreakyHard said:
I appreciate the compliments and the input greatly.....I have been kicking the idea around since I put it on last night and I hit two different shops today. The shops both quoted around $200 for the shop charge and prep/cleanup and the stock paint is $80 a pint for each color. Tele blue is actually 3 different colors put together so there is the other $240....OUCH!!! damn, if I knew this was gonna be so damn much I would have just gotten a Carbon one and called it a day:shake
this is why it is wise to have friends that can do this shit for the cost of paint. :laughing

·
Registered
603 Posts
Re: Re: Thank You!

SILVERBULLET-RR said:
this is why it is wise to have friends that can do this shit for the cost of paint. :laughing
Yup I got a $4,500.00 paint job on the 900 For a very undisclosed amount, lets just say less than half of that:eek

:DGODFATHER:D

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
looks pretty good

1 - 18 of 18 Posts