Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo guys can someone help me do this. The europe 03 R1 will come in a red/black/white combo. What do u guys think, if I order a set of white lowers for my 02 Red? I'll post the two pics and if someone can photoshop, that would be cool. So basically I want my lower fairings (which are black) to be white to match the middle fairings. Here is one pic

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here's a 03 euro model. The paint looks darker but I am thinking it's just the pic. I think the white paint would match.

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
WHy not a black mid section? I wouldn't want a white a lower... Every dam imperfection the paint will have will show up.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you get the white lowers I will take the black ones off your hands. LMK.

·
Registered
105 Posts
and the black will be better?

And you guys think the black will be better about showing dirt? I think white body work shows far less dirt than black. Black shows everything--especially glossy black! White does show dirt; however, I don't think it "sticks out" as badly as dirt on black does. On the other hand, I admit black wheels are easier to maintain than white wheels; however, I don't think the same rules apply on the body work.

With that said, I personally think switching the bottom to white would look awesome!

·
Registered
105 Posts
horrible photoshop :(

Sorry for being sooo horrible at photoshop :(

I tried to select the region and do a color invert; however, the white didn't come out being close at all. Instead, all I got was this rather pasty grey. Then, I tried to do some more color-range inverting; however, it caused the detail to bleed away and the white was still really far off. So, I got pissed and just started color matching to the center white fairing. Then, the seam between the two fairings disappeared. So, I dubbed one back in. Finally, I realized it is 1:50am, I'm freakin' tired, and I need to goto bed. Thus, I just hit the saved button.

Anyway, the above horror story led to this...

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Penguin: thanks for the effort Bro, it's cool. I think I like it, could be worth trying out:cool

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
I don't think the Matte Black will be that bad. But I would rather have black from a dirt standpoint. IMO, they are both equally shitty to keep clean. But it's not just the dirt I'm talking about. At least in my case, the area behind the front wheel gets shit on, tar, paint chips etc.. So I think a matte black or flat black paint would be better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts