Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up i got a 04 600 rr had it for like almost a yuear now and i got power wheelies dwn but no balnce point yet and no balance point means shit wheelies someone help me out explain what i need to do to get there where should i drop it should i use clutxch what gear how fast how slow??????

·
Registered
219 Posts
use the clutch - power wheelies are bad....

the 600 will come up easy just takes practise - keep trying to clutch it

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
scott3824 said:
use the clutch - power wheelies are bad....

the 600 will come up easy just takes practise - keep trying to clutch it
How are power wheelie's bad. Practice Practice and you will get your balance point. My buddy has a stock 01 gsxr 600 and can ride wheelies forever.

oh, yeah, get a GSXR!!!:nanana

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok

First off.. I have a 03 yzf 600.. And your NOT going to wheelie that bike in 2nd.. I've DOUBLE CLUTCHED.. Bounced up and down to compress the forks.. you are not going to power wheelie that bike stock.. slow wheelies yes.. but not power... gear it.. and be careful !!!.. it will come up.. and who ever said that 600 will wheelie easy should be hit.. cause YZF 600 Doesn't.. unless geared... if you don't believe me test drive one..

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Re: Ok

richfunk said:
First off.. I have a 03 yzf 600.. And your NOT going to wheelie that bike in 2nd.. I've DOUBLE CLUTCHED.. Bounced up and down to compress the forks.. you are not going to power wheelie that bike stock.. slow wheelies yes.. but not power... gear it.. and be careful !!!.. it will come up.. and who ever said that 600 will wheelie easy should be hit.. cause YZF 600 Doesn't.. unless geared... if you don't believe me test drive one..
Wrong bike bro. The yamaha 600r is heavier and making a fair amount less power at the wheel than the honda 600rr.

·
Registered
219 Posts
richfunk said:
Simmer down tough guy - first off the topic of this thread clearly states 04 600rr and last time I checked that is the Honda 600 rr, so don't know why the hell you're bringing up a yamaha.

And you want to hit me because I said a 600 will wheelie easy??:rolleyes immature children ... :shake

Obviously you're lack of knowledge procedes you... even a ninja 250 can wheelie bro - it's all about technique and practice.

·
Registered
214 Posts
RJordan23 said:
How are power wheelie's bad. Practice Practice and you will get your balance point. My buddy has a stock 01 gsxr 600 and can ride wheelies forever.

oh, yeah, get a GSXR!!!:nanana

Power wheelies are garbage to unpredictable.. I was doin power wheelies for the last 1yr or so learned my clutch wheelie like 3 months ago.. Clutches will get you closer to balance point quicker... Just my 2 cents..

Oh yeah don't by a GSXR there Garbage....:laughing
RIDE RED.............

:devilfing

·
Registered
214 Posts

richfunk said:
Your crazy bro my buddie has o3 YZF600 and can power wheelie all day 1st gr or 2ndgr.. In second you need more speed obvisouly. He gets high in the R's in 2nd right around the powerband let's off & cracks the hell out of the throttle it comes up may not be the prettiest lookin wheelie but it definitely comes up... Oh yeah he has stock gearing also.....

It will definitely come up in 2nd if your clutching... Keep practicing.....

:devilfing

·
Registered
192 Posts

richfunk said:
you're joking me...

you can power any of the new 600's out on the market in first gear for sure.

there's a local guy around here who does 3rd gear standups on the freeway NO CLUTCH on a STOCK 04 R6...same bike as mine

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
scott3824 said:
Simmer down tough guy - first off the topic of this thread clearly states 04 600rr and last time I checked that is the Honda 600 rr, so don't know why the hell you're bringing up a yamaha.

And you want to hit me because I said a 600 will wheelie easy??:rolleyes immature children ... :shake

Obviously you're lack of knowledge procedes you... even a ninja 250 can wheelie bro - it's all about technique and practice.
+1
Very well put Scott3824

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Re: Re: Ok

truth said:
you're joking me...

you can power any of the new 600's out on the market in first gear for sure.

there's a local guy around here who does 3rd gear standups on the freeway NO CLUTCH on a STOCK 04 R6...same bike as mine
Not really dude. Not with the bike he's talking about. 04 R6 and 97-04 600R are not the same thing.

One bike makes 108 hp at the wheel and weighs 360 lbs dry. The other bike makes 85 hp at the wheel and weighs 416 lbs dry.

The 600r is a very very comfortable bike and performs well for what it is. It was never designed as a direct competitor for race replica bikes like the R6 though. It's outgunned and outclassed.

However, the 600r is NOT the bike this thread is about! We're talking about a 600rr which will wheelie on power alone just like the other 600 SS class contenders out right now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a yzf600r and 2 f4is

both could wheelie off power easy in first and with the right bouce/timing in 2nd. And you can definitely clutch 2nd on either with stock gearing.

However, after a few months of wheeling the fat pig yzf i busted the fork seals, cracked the upper fairing stay in half and 2nd gear was getting pretty sloppy... yzf is def not a stunter... f4i's on the other hand are beasts

and yes, 600s are easy to wheelie

·
Lazy-Dog-Design.com
5,714 Posts
'03 ZX6R...I was powering it up yesterday in 3rd...and yes, with timing and skill, you can get anything up...even power it up.

Powered a friend's Ninja 250 up...didn't get it far up or ride it out, but it was up...bounced the rear and jerked it...hurt my arms like hell for a week or so...but it was up!!!:crackup

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.