Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rule #34
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks pretty cool but not for $500.

For $500 you get woody wood pecker stickers (2)
Number plates
specially signed Nicky Hayden sticker on the tank that doesn't match the orig silver.

·
Moderator,
8,056 Posts
You've got to buck up if you want real race quality vinyl stickers , not those knockoff ones that look identical on Ebay :redflip

I still think we've been screwed again on the paint schemes : the solid red SP1-2 scheme and especially the white with optional Castrol decals look so much nicer than the US market bikes .

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
is the frame now silver on the reg. one as well.....or black, and you get silver for the NH edition?

and yeah, the white castrol 1 is kick ass!

·
Registered
16,187 Posts
joel647 said:
You've got to buck up if you want real race quality vinyl stickers , not those knockoff ones that look identical on Ebay :redflip

I still think we've been screwed again on the paint schemes : the solid red SP1-2 scheme and especially the white with optional Castrol decals look so much nicer than the US market bikes .
Only to us. I talk to many european customers of mine. THEY all want OUR schemes... :shrug Go figure :laughing

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
Rezin said:
Only to us. I talk to many european customers of mine. THEY all want OUR schemes... :shrug Go figure :laughing
we get some of the euro schemes, and when we do, every american seems to want them(02 blue/silver GSXR600, 03 copper GSXR1000).

here the NH edition is the only one we get, and it is the same price as last year.

·
Rule #34
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everyone wants a bike that looks different yet everyone buys the same bikes. You know why everyone thinks the 92 ZX7 is bad assed? Why Karl's bike gets looks at a bike meet? Why my Bandit had people talking? Because it wasn't the cookie cutter bike. Why are Streetfighters are making a slow comeback? Same reason I hope.

What's funny is people will spend 1000s of dollars to make their bike look different only to realize that everyone else does pretty much the same mods. :)

I know not everyone buys a bike for looks....but I am basing on what I see around here.:nanana

·
At a loss for words....
3,698 Posts
RACER X said:
is the frame now silver on the reg. one as well.....or black, and you get silver for the NH edition?

and yeah, the white castrol 1 is kick ass!

Ed, there is only one RC510 for 04, I think that this will be the last year of that one.............

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
Thats ok Ian, I now have a collectors item :D

I love it when I pull up and people ask me what the hell kinda bike I got.. :laughing

·
Moderator,
8,056 Posts
Scot said:

What's funny is people will spend 1000s of dollars to make their bike look different only to realize that everyone else does pretty much the same mods. :)
Totally true . Harley guys get ripped on it all the time but you go to a bike meet and see a sea of virtually identical Japanese sportbikes with every one of them having virtually the same mods : undertail , pipe , flushmounts,sliders, etc .

Grass is always greener I guess - except that some of those Euro paint schemes really were something else : they made some pretty freakin offsensive colored Fireblades and CBR600's , the forest green and pink/white/blue YZF's but to each their own ( the Boston baked bean YZF600 and the black burgandy and tan CBR6 were kinda shocking bikes to sell in the States ) . Lately there's been less variation , though for example the Euros get a couple colors of R1/6's we don't and they don't get the flamed bikes but there's not nearly as big of a complete graphics change as there used to be . Still , I think this is a far better looking moto - and I also like SP2 much better than calling it something that it really isn't - but again it's all my opinion ;)

·
19,663 Posts
joel647 said:
they made some pretty freakin offsensive colored Fireblades
we had a Fireblade here in 1998 that was Robins egg blue with nuclear orange graphics. Not a good seller.:laughing

Krypt Keeper said:
Thats ok Ian, I now have a collectors item :D

I love it when I pull up and people ask me what the hell kinda bike I got.. :laughing
and what do they say, when you tell them Superturd?:redflip

j/k

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Scot said:
I know not everyone buys a bike for looks....but I am basing on what I see around here.:nanana
being that you own a busa looks like your the exception to the rule around here, it takes a big heart to love something with a face like that :D ... and didn't you spend like 2 grand on wheels, those better have been for performance and not looks

·
Moderator,
8,056 Posts
Oh hell yeah !!! Call me sick , but I thought the salmon and silver was actually kinda cool looking . Worst GSXR paint had to have been the pink/blue/yellow/black 92 I guess - though for nervous system shock the 94 YZF750 might get tops in the * Who Let the 2nd Grader Color the Bike ? * contest :D

·
"You're not worthy."
2,545 Posts
Not to turn this into the worst color ever on a sportbike thread, but my vote goes to the guy who decided that Hot Pink ("Nuclear Red") was a good color for the '00 Speed Triple.

Close second is the disco sparkle special edition Monster 900.

·
19,663 Posts
Effing Limey said:
Not to turn this into the worst color ever on a sportbike thread, but my vote goes to the guy who decided that Hot Pink ("Nuclear Red") was a good color for the '00 Speed Triple.

Close second is the disco sparkle special edition Monster 900.
Oh yeah?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.