Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

'05 ZX6R

365 views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  stevieb 
#1 ·
:drool
claimed +9 hp
excerpt from motorcycle.com:

"Kawasaki also redesigned the engine and they now claim that the 2005 ZX-6R has gained Nine horsepower. Since the previous generation ZX-6R made an honest 108Hp at the tire, the 2005 bike should be putting something in the neighborhood of 117Hp to the ground!"

yah, yah, gripe about "claimed" numbers vs actual numbers, but even if the ZX-6R only gets half the claimed number of hp, it'll still be a damn stout 600! :eek

#2 ·
In short, they did a number of mods that were originally in place on the RR last year. Put those same mods on the newer 636 motor and yea......:leghump sums it up for me.

I still hate the tail and exhaust though :( Not too impressed with the colors either, except the silver/gray one....I like that one :thumb

#4 ·
WA//M said:
claimed +9 hp

"Kawasaki also redesigned the engine and they now claim that the 2005 ZX-6R has gained Nine horsepower. Since the previous generation ZX-6R made an honest 108Hp at the tire, the 2005 bike should be putting something in the neighborhood of 117Hp to the ground!"

yah, yah, gripe about "claimed" numbers vs actual numbers, but even if the ZX-6R only gets half the claimed number of hp, it'll still be a damn stout 600! :eek
Jeff you bastard, i dont need another reason to by the damn thing!! Shut it!!! lol j/k im just trying to keep myself from buying it...but she sure is going to be a beast!

#6 ·
WA//M said:
claimed +9 hp

So what, they just bored out the motor more so now its a 640:redflip Once a cheater always a cheater :redflip

#15 ·
wtf are you guys thinking??? :confused

The bike looks like SHIT! The 03/04 636 was the best looking Kawasaki to date! They were on the right track in the looks department which is always where they fell short... and just when you thought they had their shit together and were ready to compete with the other big three they release the 10R. Awesome bike! But the styling wasn't quite up to par with the 636. THEN they go and ruin the 636 with this new model! :barf It's the fucking ugliest bike on the market right now. I was praying when i saw it in person it would look better than the pics, but it looks worse! Again, like the 10R i'm sure it'll be a sweet bike, but the styling falls short!

I'm not saying styling is everything, but lets be honest. Riding ability makes a bike fast, not the bike. So i might as well ride something that looks good as well as performs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.