Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Forum Leader,
18,929 Posts
My Mph the last 2 seasons have always been 127-130 I dunno man "how it happens" I just know that another friend on mine would run that or faster and his speed would be about 126'.........../shrug I dunno man I just twist the wrist and go. When I get the rest of my stuff from MI I can scan more of the timeslips. I don't have any of them scanned anymore.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IAN and the R1 cant get off the line, plus fastchic probly weighs 75-100lbs less than IAN. If Ian couls get off the line and a good 60 foot he would be in the mid 10's at about 135

·
Rule #34
14,509 Posts
good enough for me. That's just the highest trap speed I have even seen for a mostly stock 600. Good job fastchic. You should drag my Bandit1200. I know it should run 10s. With a 230lb anchor like myself..I am not so sure :D

·
Forum Leader,
18,929 Posts
Scot said:
good enough for me. That's just the highest trap speed I have even seen for a mostly stock 600. Good job fastchic. You should drag my Bandit1200. I know it should run 10s. With a 230lb anchor like myself..I am not so sure :D
I'll be running a buell soon at the strip.......I have to learn how to handle real torque now LOL

ZX: :laughing funny gas

·
Forum Leader,
18,929 Posts
Laugh_N_Gas said:
A BUELL, why step down, whats the fastes one like 12's at 112mph,
I guess I should say it won't be stock for one and second to me it isn't a step down. Its a different machine. If you haven't ridden one maybe you should you may be surprised at the handling of a XB9R

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Could be elevation differences also. I've personally never seen a 600 at my track run over a 120-122mph trap speed, and I've seen quite a few running in the 10's.

But I do suck launching this bike, though I personally feel it's the jetting and lack of EXUP that crushes any hope of really nailing a launch. I have to be perfect to do it, obviously I can't be perfect ;). I think my best so far is a 2.0xx 60'.

I weigh probably 250lbs with gear that doesn't help.

·
Forum Leader,
18,929 Posts
Also in Michigan it isn't as humid as in FL and I would run while it was 60 out and get most the really good times :) Yea and Ian weighs 130lbs over me :laughing

·
Registered
21 Posts
what do YOU run Laughing Gas? That's the first YZF600R I've seen on the bottle. Sweet.

BTW Scot, Bandits suck and so do you*!
:laughing

How ya been?

*it's an inside thing everyone, save the flames

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same ol same. Just looking over the fence here. Nice set up and tons of nice Cats! I look around for info where ever I can get it. heh heh Looks like you do the same huh? Seen the site lately? Workin on some new updates too. Got some ideas rolling around in my empty head.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
snow god

SNOW GOD... it will run in the mid 10's , depends on when I hit the NOS and if the front rises. I am getting real bad headshake all of a sudden, since I lowered the front in the clamps. Right now Im hitting the NOS in 3rd, shifting at a safe 10-12K rpm so I dont hit the rev limiter and gernade the engine, Im working on some way to bypass the rev limiter on the nitrous. Here is a pic of the controls. If you have been in here Im sure these are something you have seen already. Must say, no track times yet, the times are on my G_TECH, whic is pretty accurate. Lost by a new R1 by a few bikes, got an ichy finger and hit the NOS in 2nd and wheelied.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts