Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Kid in a candy store
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone read this book yet? (www.101sportbikeprojects.com) I picked it up over the weekend and read most of it. It's a pretty decent book and worth the $30. While it doesn't go into a whole lot of detail on each particular project, especially on the more advanced projects, it does give you apretty good idea of what all is involved in each project.

The projects range from simple controls adjustment to sprocket swaps to new pistons and rings.

All in all I'd say it should be a book that most of you guys would like. While some projects are ones that I'll never do, there are still a lot of them that are ones to be filed away for the future.

If you guys have a chance, give it a look-see. Just passing along some info for you guys.

Have a good week,
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Like I dont have enough things I want to do and will never get around to anyway:laughing

Tom

·
Kid in a candy store
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
karl_996 said:
If you really want the best book regarding mods for any bike, you need Kevin Cameron's Sportbike Performance Handbook.

It is an excellent book, but it is very technical.

That's a good point. I'm pretty sure the author of the 101 Projects book actually refers to the book by Cameron. They are both published by the same company, so you could order both at once. Cameron's book is more technical, while the 101 Projects book hits the high points. It's a good read for someone who is looking for ideas and basic info on what mods will accomplish what.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.