Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you guys remember this one? I had one which I bought in 89. It was a fun bike. Ironically for a company that refused to build two-strokes until the 1970s, by the late 1980s Honda offered a comprehensive lineup of two-stroke motocrossers from 80cc to 500cc. In the hands of such riders as Dave Thorpe, CRs won many World Motocross Championships. Pictured here is a 1988 CR125. The water-cooled engine featured Honda's ATAC (Auto-Contol Torque Amplification Chamber) power valve system, and reed valve induction to improve power delivery. It also had a disc rear brake, where earlier models had a drum.

Bike Features:
Capacity 125cc.
Power output [email protected],500rpm
Weighs 193lbs.
The 1988 model has a marginally larger engine than the 1986 model, giving it extra power.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Cool, but there is no way that bike made 36 brake horsepower. The 125 GP's only make a little over 40, and that is todays technology.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
My first "real" bike (non-minibike) was an '88 YZ 125 that I bought at the end of '88. I've got a bunch of pics somewhere, but I'd have to dig 'em out and scan them.

I loved that bike. Rode the shit out of it for quite a few years.

·
U.S.A. #1
522 Posts
Nice bike! I seen an 84' CR250 for sale last month. It was in excellent condition and I really considered buying it, until I went to the guys door and he said $1,800.:shake

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kevin01'Busa said:
Nice bike! I seen an 84' CR250 for sale last month. It was in excellent condition and I really considered buying it, until I went to the guys door and he said $1,800.:shake
WTF?? I paid $1,000 for my 88 CR125 but that was back in 89 when I bought it used. ;)

·
U.S.A. #1
522 Posts
I know! Isn't that crazy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts