• ZXR250

Votes: 10 52.6%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need some advice...

i've got three bikes i'm looking at getting.. i've decided to slow down a little after the broken collar bone.. but i wanna get the bike before i'm better, so i can do my beautification work to it... i know the states dont have 2 of these bikes, but anyways...

choices are::

1. Yamaha FZR150 (150cc 4-stroke)
2. Honda NSR150 (150cc 2-stroke)
3. Kawasaki ZXR250 (250cc 4-stroke)

now... my friend is gunna be gettn himself a CB250 soon (he is a very experienced rider, but bigger than 250 is too dayum expensive in taiwan)

the thing is, the FZR is the cheapest, costing about 30,000 Taiwan $$... while the NSR i can pick up an ok example for about double that...... the kawi tho, i will have to search for, perhaps even import - and it's not gunna be cheap here (example - CB250 goes for about 280,000 Taiwan $$ new)

the NSR, ZXR and the CB all have 40 ponies... with the only thing being that the NSR is smaller and lighter, and a 2-stroke...

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
we don't get the ZXR250 here, we get the EX250

as far as weight, none of them are over 300lbs are they? I would think this would be a non issue.

I would go for the 4 cylinder 250.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the thing with that is tho that i have to take the cost into consideration...

·
Raving Lunatic
2,963 Posts
I voted for the two-stroke, but I can't help it. I love 2-strokes. :p

·
19,663 Posts
I converted the prices to canadian dollars, and came to the conclusion that one of the cheaper bikes would be better. If the ZXR is out of reach, why include it in your poll?:confused
In that case i would go with the NSR(if you can afford it).

BTW, for you US peeps, the prices are:
FZR150:881.06
NSR150:1,762.11
ZXR250:8,223.20
(remember they don't have the same econoy as North America.

·
Moto Junkie
2,450 Posts
Looked up pics of each.

The ZXR looks like the best equiped brakes and suspension wise, and is also the best looking IMHO.

NSR would be second in the looks dept

FZR close third

I say ZXR.

·
19,663 Posts
Kzin said:
Looked up pics of each.

The ZXR looks like the best equiped brakes and suspension wise, and is also the best looking IMHO.

NSR would be second in the looks dept

FZR close third

I say ZXR.
for $7000US more?

·
Moto Junkie
2,450 Posts
Missed your prices Karl. My bad, knew he said it was more expensive, but that's a little rediculous.

NSR then....It looks like a winner especially if he's used to the mechanical issues that go along with a 2 stroke. Since he used to ride a scoot, I assume he is.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
2-strokes = > maitenance

If you're OK with the idea of tearing apart a top end now & then, go with the NSR.

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
karl_1052 said:
I converted the prices to canadian dollars, and came to the conclusion that one of the cheaper bikes would be better. If the ZXR is out of reach, why include it in your poll?:confused
In that case i would go with the NSR(if you can afford it).

BTW, for you US peeps, the prices are:
FZR150:881.06
NSR150:1,762.11
ZXR250:8,223.20
(remember they don't have the same econoy as North America.
The ZXR is definitely the best choice but for the money I think you gotta go for the FZR...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can definately afford the NSR... the toss up there is between the performance and reliability...

oh, and btw.. my scooter is a 4-stroke - no reliability issues there...

·
"You're not worthy."
2,545 Posts
I'm going to go with the NSR also.

·
Registered
607 Posts
i broke my collar bone on the highway on a cr 500 dirtbike and was back on it 5 days later sling and all, dont go small cause you wrecked just watch what you do a little more.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im not going small cos of that.. i'd still be fine on the 250 im sure...

argumenents are :
FZR Vs. NSR - power/reliability
NSR Vs. ZXR - reliability/cost (performance shud be similar)

*added* how can u ride 5 days after? i was in hospital for a week... and my shoulder still isnt ready for the bike yet... and thats after about 2 months now..

·
"You're not worthy."
2,545 Posts
You must have really done something special to that collar bone, x08. I've broken mine five (count them, five) times through various wrecks and not once did it take more than a trip to get an x-ray, tell me what I already knew, some good pain meds and a sling.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think a ligament or something was broken too...
got an operation to put a pin into the bone.. and in the x-rays theres something that looks like a rubber-band too...

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'm probably the only person here who's ridden the ZXR and it kicks ass! Gear driven cams :thumb

For the money though ... well it depends on how much you want to spend! For the prices quoted I would probably go with the NSR150 (or 250 if you can find one!). The FZR150 is like single cylinder and from what I hear very gutless. The NSR and ZXR are much more sportbike like.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nsr250 is out... i can get one.. but not legal and registered.... otherwise i had my heart set on an RS250 till i found out you cant register 250cc 2-strokes here :(

yes, FZRs are gutless.. but i would take them to be more reliable than an NSR, AND they sound awesome...

but... hmmm... i dunno... ive found some cheaper examples (NSR) around, so i think it may be NSR for sure...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts