·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic!

·
The Henry Hill of the underground KTM Mafia
4,695 Posts
Man that bike takes too much abuse. Folks just dont respect one of the few worthy, credible 750 race/sport bikes of our time. Where do you folks think you would be without vintage 750cc bikes such as the GSXR 750, ZX7R, YZF 750!!! ;)

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: $2000 for a bike heavier and more underpowered than mine!

Dr.Dover said:
Quite possibly one of the ugliest bike of all time :D
I've never could understand the whole purple/green thing. :shake The cherrywine was a pretty good looking bike.:thumb

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Quite possibly one of the ugliest bike of all time

You might not have thought so ten years ago. Heck, it's a Ninja . This bike was built back when that still meant something (and I'm not talking about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) . Haven't you ever had anybody ask you if you ride "one of them Ninja bikes?" That's because of bikes like this one. I agree that compared to your new R6 it doesn't look like much, but back in the day...

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
JRA said:

You might not have thought so ten years ago. Heck, it's a Ninja . This bike was built back when that still meant something (and I'm not talking about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) . Haven't you ever had anybody ask you if you ride "one of them Ninja bikes?" That's because of bikes like this one. I agree that compared to your new R6 it doesn't look like much, but back in the day...
I think it is an important piece of Motorcycle history but it is just but ass ugly compared to the yzf 750 or even the suzuki gsxr 750 of its time :nanana

·
"Whatever It Takes"
2,169 Posts
Those bikes bring back memories! I always liked the 91-92 models that had the air ram tubes going into the tank. I can remember drooling over those in the bike shop when I was in high school. Bikes like that were retailing for around $4-5k and we all use to think that was sooo much money! Never had enough credit to get one on my own back then. :crackup

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
I like the 1996 whine colored one myself and quit possible one of my favorite bikes appearence wise of all time of the big 4. Id buy one even now for a street bike if it was in good condition and the price is right. The aftermarket parts are endless.

The muzzy raptor was the shizzle:D

Retail for the last zx-7r was more like $7999 and then you could buy the zx-9r for like $9500 and then of course they had the zx7rr and the zx9rr for a little more:clap

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MadFalco said:
I love it! Who's selling it??? :confused
It's on the WERA board.:thumb

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
$2000 for a bike heavier and more underpowered than mine.
...with tons more character.

That's a '96 or later model. The same basic platform won superbike races last year and was in the title chase until eboz got hurt. :shrug I can't name any other seven year old bike that came close to doing the same except maybe the Duc 916/998 since it won in WSBK last year. So green and purple don't go together, big deal. It's a damn good bike and still very capable. I know a certain red one that just last summer ran you fuggers in the ground all over western NC.
:rant

EDIT: Yes, you hit a nerve. :mad

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
scott_b said:EDIT: Yes, you hit a nerve. :mad
Yours did alot off off roading too!:redflip It may have thought is was a KX250.:redflip I didn't say it wasn't a capable bike.:shake The only other bike that had a platform that was unchanged for that long is the TLR.:laughing And it didn't make it one season.:shake Don't get your panties in a wad!:nanana I just wanted to let someone now it was for sale for $2000. For that price it would make a great weekend knedragger.:thumb

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Monstrvtwin said:
Yours did alot off off roading too!:redflip It may have thought is was a KX250.:redflip
:laughing I never thought about that, it may have been assembled on the dirt bike line.

Monstrvtwin said:
I didn't say it wasn't a capable bike.:shake The only other bike that had a platform that was unchanged for that long is the TLR.:laughing And it didn't make it one season.:shake Don't get your panties in a wad!:nanana I just wanted to let someone now it was for sale for $2000. For that price it would make a great weekend knedragger.:thumb
:thumb

·
Registered
260 Posts
She may be a pig but I still love it, and it does me just fine........Dover stop hating!!!:redflip

·
Registered
754 Posts
7R

I hope no one buys that thing......it looks like it would be a pain in my duc ass if some one were to race it in V7

·
Registered
450 Posts
The TLR never made one season, because Suzuki was not interested in racing the bike. The total was and always on the GSXR750 for there race center piece. Now since Ducuti has killed the inline4 750 market, they have turned to the GSXR1000 for there center piece.

·
The Henry Hill of the underground KTM Mafia
4,695 Posts
ZX9RR??? TL I am not familiar with a double RR for the 9? I had 2 of them a 95 and a 99. Dover ya might want to give the bike a closer look as it came with rear ride height adjustment standard!:nanana :laughing JKKKKKKK! Most bike mags and well knowledged enthusiasts RECOMMEND scoopin up a true ZX7RR if ya can find one. Its a semi rare piece with lots of track cred but a bit difficult on the street due to its clutch and such. I personally always though the bike looked bad ass with those BIG gulpin ram air scoops up front. Heck I liked the early one's too with those rad tank hoses.
Kawasaki was the originator of BIG horsepower in albiet heavier bikes and they are still considered tops at TRUE productive ram air systems from their airplane industries. The ZX7R and RR was the choice of damn near every privateer in British Superbike for many years according to one of the UK mag articles I read a couple of years back.
$2k for that bike if its tight and right is a deal. $2k and ya got a nice, stable, reliable, excellent street and track bike. Yeah it would need some serious mods to compete on any Wera,CCS, etc grid but for a track day machine ya couldnt go wrong.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Man I dig that bike. Like Sentinal said, the one with the ram air tubes was drool worthy back in the day. You can't compare it to new bikes but why would you? It's a classic. I think once I get my GSXR built I'm going to start buying wierd old cool bikes. I want a Hawk, an old ZX7RR and a '67 Yamaha Big Bear Scrambler to replace mine that got stolen, dammit.

·
Registered
882 Posts
ZX-9RR....

...I bet those ARE rare!! :laughing
That green and purple leaves a little bit to be desired though. :barf
Allow me to reiterate, the 7 is a really great track platform, known for its stability and telepathic front end, if set up properly ;)) I use to have a '93 model, the year Scott Russell won the WSBK title !! :thumb I think it was the first year a Kawi 750 had real working ram air. Not the vaccum cleaner hoses that direct air onto the top of the valve cover. :rolleyes

1 - 20 of 21 Posts