Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Last word I heard was that we wouldn't be getting an STi soon. Maybe a 4 door... Only wish for a 2 door. :rolleyes

·
You're so big you HAVE to ride a Busa, huh?
320 Posts
Nice toy...do those things come in full sizes?

I'm so tired of these tiny ass cars...Need something BIG!:mad

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ol808lo said:
Last word I heard was that we wouldn't be getting an STi soon. Maybe a 4 door... Only wish for a 2 door. :rolleyes
actually last i heard was...

target release date summer of '03 as a '04 model...

With 261 horsepower and 253 lb-ft of torque under the hood,
a stiffer suspension, wider wheels and tires, front and rear limited-slip differentials, a six-speed manual transmission and larger Brembo brakes

in short, More power, tighter handling and bigger brakes than the current wrx...

·
slowest duc rider EVAR!
2,326 Posts
just go with the 2004 audi s4....W8 engine/awd/360 (i think) HP
or just grab a used s4 with the 2.7 v6 bi-turbo awd pushin 360 with chip=)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cool, I like the new face. Although the WRX is a hit in America, I heard that sales in Europe and Japan are pretty flat becuz the current fascia looks too cute.
just go with the 2004 audi s4....W8 engine/awd/360 (i think) HP
Mmmm.... sounds good but don't forget that Subaru will probably price the STi in the US for just around $30k. That new s4 will probably be priced at least $15k more. I'd like to see how the new Mazda RX-8 stacks up against this car and the new Z.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
If you want an Audi, spend the $85k and get the RS. Nuthin' like the world's fastest production sedan, road course or straight line. YEA BABY!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pwang said:
Cool, I like the new face. Although the WRX is a hit in America, I heard that sales in Europe and Japan are pretty flat becuz the current fascia looks too cute.

Mmmm.... sounds good but don't forget that Subaru will probably price the STi in the US for just around $30k. That new s4 will probably be priced at least $15k more. I'd like to see how the new Mazda RX-8 stacks up against this car and the new Z.
a friend of mine went to look at a new 350z, he told me dealers are marking up about $7500. from the sticker price:eek

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Guess, it's time to save up for a new car. :D I am really liking the STi.:D

·
Registered
683 Posts
IMO subaru made a big mistake with the current WRX headlights. I think they kinda figured it out since they are changing them so soon. The STI looks awesome, maybe by 2003-2004 i can afford a car like that new.

·
Registered
80 Posts
IMO subaru made a big mistake with the current WRX headlights. I think they kinda figured it out since they are changing them so soon. The STI looks awesome, maybe by 2003-2004 i can afford a car like that new.
I guess i'm not the only one who thinks it looks too cute for its own good. Ever watch WRC on Speed? Some owners have replaced the stock headlights with the rally car style projector headlights - very cool.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
those headlights are pretty expensive though. The new ones look much better. Also, I know subaru's are known for their hood scoop (which feeds the intercooler) but I prefer the front mounted intercooler of the Evo

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Here's a pic of an intercooler on a Civic Si. I was actually thinking of getting a turbo kit for my Si, but the labor is a lot and the car has to be tuned properly. So this mod would run close to 5 grand.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts