• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One week to go...

--Will Nicky repeat?
--Will Val whoop dat azz just to prove his critics are right/wrong?
--Will a darkhorse emerge and surprise us all?

Make your predictions here and we'll check at the end of the season to see how everyone did...I'm closing the poll after the 3rd race, so get your picks in early...

·
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm picking Rossi...It's been a long time since he had something to prove...I see him dominating this year...

·
Chinese fooooooood?
624 Posts
Rossi will be on a mission. I'll pick Capirossi #2 and Edwards #3 (he has only 1 more chance to prove himself, i think). Are there odds posted for this anywhere?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Like I said approximately .0002 seconds after Rossi fell in Valencia and have proclaimed in pretty much every single post throughout the offseason, to the distaste of many of my fellow cyclesforums posters :redflip

"Valentino Rossi is going to absolutely rape everybody in 2007, especially Hayden" :clap

Rossi, obviously.

·
Support TC or fly like a fairy!
2,748 Posts
Rossi maybe be on a mission, but his number one competitor isn't a whiner when things go wrong, and he definitely isn't psychologically broken. He's muthafuggin 3-time world champion with all the proper back-up, and if he breaks the pack you aint closing the gap, that's right, Pedrobot has been programmed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Yeah if he breaks the pack he might have a shot at winning races, but if he gets into a battle with anyone, he is gonna loose. And he hasnt whined yet. If he dosnt do so well in the start of the season i garente he will bitch about how his bike sucks and how honda needs to do more for him. Rossi is going to take the title this year. He's out for blood and isnt going to stop untill he gets his title back. Im guessing that the highest pedrosa will place in the final championship standings will be 3rd. Thats the highest i think he can get but im going to say that he will come in 5th when it is all said and done.

·
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, here's the thing...

Even with 3 DNF's last year, Rossi still had 5 wins...That's more than anyone else...

And it has been a long, long, long, long, long, long time since he had anything to prove...

And even though I'm pure Honda, I'm just not a Pedrosa fan...Gain some weight dude...That pic of him is bad arse, but he's so small, it reminds me of this...

·
Real Men Ride Sport Bikes
1,943 Posts
3 way tie

3 way tie for 2nd Place!
With Ducati pulling out of AMA State side you would think they would only stay in in the Top 3 on that side of the globe.B.Bostrom is riding with his brother Eric Bostrom team backers.(Yamaha)
Which should see some great riding this summer, I am hoping for more track time with more events.

·
Real Men Ride Sport Bikes
1,943 Posts
my 2nd pick

khr said:
Rossi will be on a mission. I'll pick Capirossi #2 and Edwards #3 (he has only 1 more chance to prove himself, i think). Are there odds posted for this anywhere?

·
Registered
582 Posts
truthfully, i think it's going to come down to the line with pedrosa vs rossi. The darkhorse is Capirossi; he's still the only one in the paddock that can dish it out with rossi, pedrosa, hayden and come out ahead.

edit: also, when capirossi gets out ahead, it's over. even rossi can't catch him. capirossi also has another thing in his favor, Rossi likes him and respects him. Pedrosa, not so much.

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
I think the first champion of the century will make a return to the top spot!

Imagine if he dumped suzuki after the first horrible season on the GSVR, and Honda gave his dad the motor deal of the century!
4 years of development on that bike, and rossi would be begging to be Kennys backup test rider.

Try on the number 1, see how it fits you Junior.

action shot

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
^^ First he'll have to remember how to count laps. :laughing

Rossi will take it with at least a two race cushion. Unless of course, his motor blows and tires give up a few times. And no major crashes taking out half the field again, else Hayden will win again.

Pedrosa, Capi-T-Rex, Edwards, Roberts, Stoner, Hayden all in that (or any other) order.

My only solid prediction: My heart rate will be through the roof when the red lights go out Saturday.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
You'd have to be pretty crazy to bet against Rossi. He's going to push thru anything and everything this year. Pedrosa, Capirossi, Hayden, Melandri and maybe even Hopkins will have a few wins this year...but Rossi will have far more. He'll also ALWAYS be on the podium unless he DNFs.

MotoGP is kinda like the show Heroes to me. Every episode just gets better. :D

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
falconeight said:
Why even ask? Its a Rossi sausage eating fest on this forum.
funny how you would respect me for cheering for the most laughable champion in GP history, who had fewer wins and a smaller points lead than any before him, or it would be more 'agreeable' to you for us to cheer for another rider who has yet to even win more than 3 races a season?

but SOMEHOW, you deem giving support to a 7 time world champion, arguably the greatest motorcycle racer in history -undeserved- :rolleyes

pleeeeeeease inform me as to what rider is more deserving? which one do you think i should pick up there falcon?...maybe Hayden?...or Cap?...ooooh, so many good choices!

Do you actually realize that if you were to add together every single win over the last 4 years of every current rider from Nicky to Marko that it tallies out to roughly 17?...
guess how many Rossi has over those same years?...no really, i want you to guess falcon, that would be humorous...

to respond to your post falcon, I actually like a lot of your opinions and posts on here, but on this one, NO, your wrong dude...the guys on this forum don't praise Rossi undeservingly...HE ACTUALLY IS THE BEST.

oh, by the way, Rossi has double. Exactly DOUBLE the wins of every current rider combined dating back to 2003...34 wins. You Hayden fans are always crying about 'giving credit where it is due'...you guys need to take some of your own medicine :rolleyes

·
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
falconeight said:
Why even ask? Its a Rossi sausage eating fest on this forum.
If it was undeserving, the poll wouldn't be so lopsided...But the facts are indisputable...

Rossi may be the greatest rider of all time...It was just 2 years ago in 2005 that he stood on the podium 16 out of 17 races...11 of those were holding the #1 trophy...And he did it on a brand new team and bike...I don't care who you are, that's f'n impressive...

Last year, on a sub par POS bike, Rossi had 5 wins, more than any other rider...And even with 3 DNF's, still only lost the championship by a few points...On a better bike, his domination would have continued...

Nicky in contrast had only 2 wins all of last year...

Keep in mind, that I'm 100% Honda...But I give respect and credit where it's due...And until Rossi starts to slow down, he won't be beat by anybody except his own bike...

Now, let's hear your case for your rider...

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
cbRRacer said:
funny how you would respect me for cheering for the most laughable champion in GP history, who had fewer wins and a smaller points lead than any before him, or it would be more 'agreeable' to you for us to cheer for another rider who has yet to even win more than 3 races a season?

but SOMEHOW, you deem giving support to a 7 time world champion, arguably the greatest motorcycle racer in history -undeserved- :rolleyes

pleeeeeeease inform me as to what rider is more deserving? which one do you think i should pick up there falcon?...maybe Hayden?...or Cap?...ooooh, so many good choices!

Do you actually realize that if you were to add together every single win over the last 4 years of every current rider from Nicky to Marko that it tallies out to roughly 17?...
guess how many Rossi has over those same years?...no really, i want you to guess falcon, that would be humorous...

to respond to your post falcon, I actually like a lot of your opinions and posts on here, but on this one, NO, your wrong dude...the guys on this forum don't praise Rossi undeservingly...HE ACTUALLY IS THE BEST.

oh, by the way, Rossi has double. Exactly DOUBLE the wins of every current rider combined dating back to 2003...34 wins. You Hayden fans are always crying about 'giving credit where it is due'...you guys need to take some of your own medicine :rolleyes
Yup...funny as hell seeing as how Troy Bayliss led more laps than Hayden last year.....and he only raced ONE FREAKIN RACE. Oh and he had only one less race win in his ONLY start than the world champ....

1 - 20 of 58 Posts