Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get an exhaust for my 2014 R1, and since I started looking I kind of got sticker shock. Every bike I've had before already had aftermarket exhaust, so I just kept that and have never shopped for one. I'm seeing systems going for $3,000 which I was not expecting to spend. I've spent that or less on every bike I've owned up until the r1, and I'm not sure I can justify 30% of the bike's cost on an exhaust. I'm wanting an exhaust to improve looks (hate the stock mufflers), sound, heat (from what I've read this can help), and of course better performance is a plus. To be honest, it was easier for me to pick best coilovers for wrx so your help is needed, because I'm a layman ..
What do I gain from spending $3,000 on an exhaust vs. $1,000? If it's 3 or 4hp, that probably won't be worth it to me. Any good reading you can point me towards on exhausts for these bikes so I can do some research? I had not previously considered a shorty exhaust until I was doing search here and came across this topic,
And for the $200 price tag that almost seems like a no brainer. Anything I should know before getting a shorty?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts