Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a 520 conversion kit, about how much should i expect to pay to get it installed?

·
Speedaholic
2,590 Posts
About 120 bucks. For most bikes, it's a 2 hour job, at about 60 bucks an hour.

It's actually very easy with the right tools. Without the right tools... PITA.

Ask around, you might be able to get somebody to help you do it for 20 bucks, or a pizza and some beer. Once you see how it's done, you'll never have to pay to have it done again. It's even worth buying a chain breaker/rivet tool, it'll pay for itself the first time around.

Cheers,
B

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Am I missing something here? Is this not something you can do yourself, or with a little help?

·
Speedaholic
2,590 Posts
jester1k said:
Am I missing something here? Is this not something you can do yourself, or with a little help?
Yes, you can do it yourself. Really easy with the right tools, even easier if someone is showing you what to do. Sometimes, the countersprocket is jammed on there pretty good, might need an impact wrench to get it off. That's about the 'hardest' part.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I thought it was pretty much R&R parts. We could do it at my house if you want locksmith just pm me or give me a call

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, im a freakin retard when it comes to stuff like that......

:dumbass

·
I wanna go faasssssst!!!
1,677 Posts
you help me move, and I'll help with your chain...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Dude that is easy, I've changed sprockets tires and chains in between morning practice and race 1. It takes about a half hour. If you're planning of running at trackdays, I wouldn't suggest using the master link clip type. It's going to fall off and you will loose your chain and maybe worse. I have impact gun, not sure what size socket, let me know, and I also have a puller for the sprocket. Ok, it may take a bit longer depending on the bodywork removal, I forgot about all the little push pins and screws for that shit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.