Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if it was offered here in the US, would you consider it?

I think I would simply because State Farm pushes my bike up in the insurance brackets with the liter bikes. At least with a 600, I could keep the naked good looks, decent power and cheaper insurance.

Engine
Liquid-cooled4-stroke 16-valve DOHC inline-4

Max. Power output
95.3/PS/12,000rpm (DIN)

Max Torque
6.3kg-m/10,000rpm (DIN)

Dry Weight
176kg

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would consider it. It all depends on the price. Man why does europe get all the cool bikes? I know why it just gets to me some times.

·
How 'bout you go get the ball
2,228 Posts
Add a seat cowl, erion exhaust, clip-ons, smaller mirrors, small custom fairing and that would make a nice commuter.

Probably make a great beginner bike for several reasons.
1. Won't out grow it in a year.
2. cheaper insurance (like hondasarge said)
3. I would imagine a hugh aftermarket for it.
4. And if its made by Honda I would think that it would be pretty darn reliable.

So yes I'd consider buying one, but I already have all these characteristics in my Speed Four!!:p

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Before buying my SV, it certainly would have warranted consideration if it hit the same price point... after all, aside from the SV, what totally naked (standard/sport standard) middleweight bikes are there for 6 Gs or less?

The new-for-'91 Honda Nighthawk
(hmm, not terribly inspring)
Theoretically, the HD Sportster 883
(In practice, pushing NINE GRAND at the local stealerships, and not exactly a sportsbike)
Suzuki EX500 and Bandit 600
And, uh... Buell Blast?
Hmm....

Although i've got no idea what the HP/torque figures come out to in US measurements (single-digit torque figures don't LOOK particularly impressive, do they?), i assume they're comparable, looks are decent (dig the underseat pipes), and supposedly the handling is pretty close. So, yeah, i wouldn't sell the SV to buy one, but it certainly would have been in the running when i was looking.

...dave
:redcreep

1 - 5 of 5 Posts