Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Honda do anything different with the RR's engine as it compares to the F4i's? :confused
 

·
Tequila Baron
Joined
·
2,879 Posts
Everything on the 600RR is redesigned. It was a start over from the ground up project. Quite cool stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
I'm eager to see how many people buy this track weapon then bitch about how uncomfortable it is for riding around town.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
It's not going to be that uncomfortable, in fact it may be better than the F4i. The moved the seat way forward and the tank downward.
 

·
Where we going?
Joined
·
3,221 Posts
geremy said:
It's not going to be that uncomfortable, in fact it may be better than the F4i. The moved the seat way forward and the tank downward.
I doubt it will be more comfortable....I hear they are going to use a harder seat :D

Seriously though, I can see where moving forward could make things more comfortable, but I believe they are also going with lower clip-ons and I would assume higher rearsets. My guess is that things will kinda offset. Have to wait and see though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,901 Posts
All I gotta say is for 8700 bux that damn thing outta have Ohlins suspension on it. :eek :(

Im just afraid honda has overpriced themselves on this one.....
 

·
Where we going?
Joined
·
3,221 Posts
We haven't heard what the other factories will be pricing their bikes at yet have we? It might be more competitive than you think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,901 Posts
LeanAngle said:
We haven't heard what the other factories will be pricing their bikes at yet have we? It might be more competitive than you think.
Well, the kawasaki says the zx6rr will be 8599 on their site.... the honda says 8699, the gix600 is still 7999, and the yammie is still non decided yet.

IMO, the gix600 is the best bike for the money..... the new bikes may have some kewl bells and whistles, but for what you could buy the gix for.... its not enough to matter to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,949 Posts
Xtant said:
Everything on the 600RR is redesigned. It was a start over from the ground up project. Quite cool stuff.
What he said I might trade in the GF's 929 for one.;)
 

·
Where we going?
Joined
·
3,221 Posts
Brian F4i said:
Well, the kawasaki says the zx6rr will be 8599 on their site.... the honda says 8699, the gix600 is still 7999, and the yammie is still non decided yet.

IMO, the gix600 is the best bike for the money..... the new bikes may have some kewl bells and whistles, but for what you could buy the gix for.... its not enough to matter to me.
Last I had heard, Kawi hadn't set prices yet. I think you may be right if Yamaha comes in at low 8s. They are probably banking on the racing success to bring in the extra dough. AMA, WSBK and MotoGP champions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,901 Posts
LeanAngle said:
Last I had heard, Kawi hadn't set prices yet. I think you may be right if Yamaha comes in at low 8s. They are probably banking on the racing success to bring in the extra dough. AMA, WSBK and MotoGP champions.
Its one thing to buy a bike because of looks, but pricing a bike 8700 because a bike that is nowhere even close to the same bike wins championships is stupid IMO.....

Stock bikes doesnt matter anyway. Unless you weigh a buck thirty then you have to buy aftermarket suspension anyway. You could just about mod a new gix good for what a damn 600rr costs is all im saying. :rolleyes I guarantee I could buy a new gix for 7800 out the door and put an ohlins rear shock on it for what the 600rr costs. And you know 90% of Honda dealers doesnt discount their prices any....the 10% of dealers are few and far between that do.

Honda is wanting their cake and eating it too..... :confused
 

·
Where we going?
Joined
·
3,221 Posts
Brian F4i said:
Its one thing to buy a bike because of looks, but pricing a bike 8700 because a bike that is nowhere even close to the same bike wins championships is stupid IMO.....

Stock bikes doesnt matter anyway. Unless you weigh a buck thirty then you have to buy aftermarket suspension anyway. You could just about mod a new gix good for what a damn 600rr costs is all im saying. :rolleyes

Honda is wanting their cake and eating it too..... :confused
I'm with ya. I was originally thinking that everyone was jacking up prices. As you pointed out that is not what's happening.

I agree that they are trying to have their cake and eat it too....I just think that they'll manage to pull it off ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Brian F4i said:
Well, the kawasaki says the zx6rr will be 8599 on their site.... the honda says 8699, the gix600 is still 7999, and the yammie is still non decided yet.

IMO, the gix600 is the best bike for the money..... the new bikes may have some kewl bells and whistles, but for what you could buy the gix for.... its not enough to matter to me.
Ummm Honda's site says it's 8599.00 and I've already found dealers willing to knock 200 off for buying one now. So you think changing the rear shock on a gixxer 600 is worth getting over a sportbike which was designed off a race bike.. hmmm :rolling
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,848 Posts
Brian F4i said:
Its one thing to buy a bike because of looks, but pricing a bike 8700 because a bike that is nowhere even close to the same bike wins championships is stupid IMO.....

Stock bikes doesnt matter anyway. Unless you weigh a buck thirty then you have to buy aftermarket suspension anyway. You could just about mod a new gix good for what a damn 600rr costs is all im saying. :rolleyes I guarantee I could buy a new gix for 7800 out the door and put an ohlins rear shock on it for what the 600rr costs. And you know 90% of Honda dealers doesnt discount their prices any....the 10% of dealers are few and far between that do.

Honda is wanting their cake and eating it too..... :confused
actually cheaper! I bought my '02 gix 600 for $7691.

But you have to admit the 600RR is mad trick & has no similarities to the f4i.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,309 Posts
You'd already be spending thousands of dollars, what's a few hundred bucks more? It's only a few more payments. Sure, it sucks that it's priced higher, but if it's really what you want, would you be as happy on anything else?

Current Prices:
CBR600RR $8599
ZX-6RR $8399
ZX-6R $7999
GSX-R600 $7999
YZF-R6 TBA

Bottom line: Get what YOU want!

~Nist :toothy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,479 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,901 Posts
Nistilian said:
Current Prices:
CBR600RR $8599
ZX-6RR $8399
ZX-6R $7999
GSX-R600 $7999
YZF-R6 TBA

Bottom line: Get what YOU want!

VERY TRUE!!!! But that being said, I wanna 'get my burger's worth' if ya know what I mean. I'd wanna ride the new 600rr before I bought anything. It would have to be a night/day difference between it and the f4i that I currently own in order for me to chuck out (at least) 600 more over the gixxer. That being said from me, I want to add Im not bashing any of the bikes as they are all 'state of the art'.... I just want to get my money's (burger's) worth....because there's no sense in buying a stock bike for looks. :D :laughing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Brian F4i said:
V....because there's no sense in buying a stock bike for looks. :D :laughing
Unless you're a squid. :redflip :redflip Seriously though, I agree with you.
 

·
Forum Leader,
Joined
·
17,387 Posts
Brian F4i said:
Its one thing to buy a bike because of looks, but pricing a bike 8700 because a bike that is nowhere even close to the same bike wins championships is stupid IMO.....
Duhamel said that the stock 600RR is faster than his F4i Race bike (supersport legal) after riding it for pics/press stuff... HOWEVER, he did not mention how bad the stock suspenders/brakes/tires are ;)
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top