Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my pit bull 'new' front stand (the one that mounts under the triple) When I put the stand in it pushes really hard against my left brake line. I mean near the 1 into 2 splitter. It stretches the brake line tight and almost kinks the line, cause it's near the splitter.

Anybody had this problem? Not sure what to do about it....:confused

Do SS lines come with the splitter part?....never looked that close at them.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you get stainless lines they do away with the "splitter". That stand should work, I use it for my SV and it still has the stock lines with the splitter. I only had a problem before I took the horn off.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Don, most stock brake lines are 1 into 2 lines. When you upgrade your brake lines it will be two seperate lines no matter if you chose stainless or kevlar.

·
Registered
188 Posts
skully said:
Just unbolt the splitter when you put it on the stand.
I have the Lockhart philips front stand and thats the only thing that sucks about putting it up on the front stand.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Taking it off for now will work. I'll get some new lines soon. Any body got suggestions on which lines to get. Know of anyone selling a package...set of lines w/ good pads?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I'm sure Rez at tricktape will hook you up. I've got the Goodridge Kevlar. But kevlar or stainless, both will work good :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just got a set of Galfer SS lines for Kneedraggers.com. I've heard the Goodridge tend to run a bit long for the 929/954. Can't go wrong with either though.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
skully said:
I just got a set of Galfer SS lines for Kneedraggers.com. I've heard the Goodridge tend to run a bit long for the 929/954. Can't go wrong with either though.
Just put some Galfer SS's on my bike to get rid of the junction so the stand can go right in. The Galfer's are sweet and are the perfect length. I have also heard about the Goodridge's being a little long as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts