Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site here guys. Looks pretty cool & very informative. I've been looking at a possible first street bike & I've got some questions. Just wanted to know what you guys thought about this one & what would be the going average price for it? Any pointers you could give me to look at if I decide to go check it out. I was hoping to get it for around $3 grand but I'm not sure what he'll do. Thanks for the help. Here's a description & a picture of the bike. He said it had one small spot of road rash on the left side of tank that is barely noticable. I'm waiting on pics now before I drive half way across the state.

1997 Honda CBR600F3(Red,Black,White) I bought this bike from the original owner. It has 10,500 on it, D&D exhaust, zero graity wind screen,carbon fiber mirrors and turn signals,billet foot pegs front and rear and a tank bra. just put on new tires, fuel and air filter,plugs and oil change. very fast and very clean.

Attachments

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
Is this your first bike ever or your first street bike?

I had a 97 F3 and absolutely loved it. I loved everything about the bike and never had a problem with it. Definitely a great bike. :thumb

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This would be my first street bike. I've rode around the neighborhood on 2 of my friends bikes but that's been a couple of years ago. Mainly I've rode atv's & dirtbikes all my life. Here was my last toy that I built last winter. It was a 99 Honda 400ex. My concern was it more of a headache because of not being fuel injected like the newer models? I'm 33 by the way.

Attachments

·
9,942 Posts
Oh no worries about not being fuel injected. It sounds like this would be a great bike for you. Like I said, I loooved mine and the only problem I ever had with it was changing the fuel filter. :shrug Other than regular maintenance it should be fine. I still miss mine.

Oooh and the D&D can.....classic! :thumb

·
Wannabe racer................
2,520 Posts
Possibly one of the best beginner sportbikes you could buy.......

·
Now in extra strength formula
243 Posts
A great bike, and that's in beautiful condition! That D&D is gonna be loud, though :mad .

·
9,942 Posts
That's just cosmetic. It still looks fine to me.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
the F3's are awesome bikes, i had a 98 and didn't realize how good it was, til now that it's gone. I wish i would've keep that thing. i had about 18000 miles on her and no problems at all.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
ED_00R6 said:
the F3's are awesome bikes, i had a 98 and didn't realize how good it was, til now that it's gone. I wish i would've keep that thing.
I have heard that statement so many times I may have to get one to find out for myself. Make it part of my stable. :D

·
2,520 Posts
Let's not go overboard here..................the F4's and F4i's are still better bikes in aspect than an F3. But in their time the F3's were bad ass bikes.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
sargeek1975 said:
Let's not go overboard here..................the F4's and F4i's are still better bikes in aspect than an F3. But in their time the F3's were bad ass bikes.
In your opinion! :D

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
here's an old pic of mine. that thing had nice ergo's, nicely padded seat :D

Attachments

·
2,520 Posts
Ya; that's why for street riding I'd stick with an F4i vice the rr.

I got into a nice argument about it over at the Jef4y rr site. They were comparing all of the new 600's out there; which one would you choose as teh best 600 for the street. They didn't even have the F4i as a choice.

I picked the F4i over all the others (including the rr) because it was a discussion based on street riding alone.

I have an '05 rr and I would NEVER wanna ride it on the street! Gimme that padded banana seat any day of the week! :p

·
Registered
69 Posts
yah I love my f4 but I almost wish I got an f4i now as I've had no end of fuel problems. but this looks like a rare thing. f3's are nice, make sure you take the msf course and get some frame sliders cause you'll probably be downing that thing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Really can't go wrong with the F3. As far as the cosmetic damage, Ebay has plenty of parts floating about for an easy fix. Mine were a little scuffed as well, ended up fixing and painting the inspection covers a different color all together. I never had any problems with that thing. Fun fast bikes...especially if you gear it. I even had a 180 tire in the rear so it didn't look so 600. I would have to recommend it.

·
Are we there yet?
1,048 Posts
Crazykell said:
That's just cosmetic. It still looks fine to me.
Hate to agree with a Canucklehead but yeah, that looks pretty minor. Use it to work on the price if you like then pick up plastics on EBay! Also agree that it's a decent choice for a first street bike but you still wanna take it easy, take a training course, get some gear, and do keep the crazy shit on the track.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My F2 was awesome.. had 65k miles on it when its life got ended..

My F4 has 13k miles on it..

Both were great bikes, both are semi-comfy

I'd prefer a 600rr or a R6 personally, but for starting out the F3 is a great bike to do it with. Not to mention parts for it are fairly cheap and plentiful. Also, the bike has depriciated about as much as its going to (if you add no extra damage to it) so when you do decide to get another bike, chances are you wont lose much money

1 - 20 of 20 Posts