1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Vey nice how hard was it to import?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Looks nice! The RGV250 uses the same motor as the Aprilia RS250's, no?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep! Even the new Aprilia's use the 90 degree motor made by Suzuki. The VJ23 was the last hurrah for Suzuki before they quit racing. The motor is a 70 deree v twin, and completely different. Only a few small items interchange. Sometimes I wish it would of been a year older, at least I could find a manual in English.

·
Grand Master Fu
1,934 Posts
Who/Where in AZ did you score such a nice bike? I'd love to go check out his shop.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Pretty cool bike. Good luck with the manual.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quackPOT said:
Who/Where in AZ did you score such a nice bike? I'd love to go check out his shop.
Hard question to answer. Importing Grey Market bikes has to be a scary buisness. He does live in Phoenix, but operates out of his garage. The last time I got an email from him, he was quite excited that the temp was finally going to cool off enough to ride. Has more bikes coming, but he hasn't sent me any mail yet.

Sprint: Have a buddy that works for GM in Japan and tried to pull that string. Young girl that works for him could translate for $850.:eek: Haven't had any magor problems yet. Use a good contact in Scotland that helps out when I get in trouble.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice! The VJ22 was my first bike when I got here. It was a great bike until the powervalve retaining pin broke off and one of the powervalves fell into the cylinder. I was doin about 110 clicks when it happened. :eek Take care of that one.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A motor being a motor, many things will correspond to the 90 degree motor. Nothing does interchange between the two bikes internally, part number wise, but I do have a manual with good pics, numbers and tolerances,schematics and so on. An older manual might help in the assembly and disassembly process though. Outside of trying to derestrict, haven't had any problems yet. Stu atJones Racing is always willing to lend a hand when I'm in trouble.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice bike! I've got one of those naughty little RGV250SPs myself...was lucky enough to find one here in sweden, in mint condition! :toothy
Only 8300 km, from '97 and without a scratch! But I haven't even GOT a manual though...:(
But I'm missing the piece of fairing in front of the backwheel, that connects to the large bottom fairing. Anybody who's got one that I can buy? :rolleyes

Anyways, here's a pic of my beauty!

Cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts