Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys need to check out this link. These men deserve some credit.

Our Friends

·
Registered
861 Posts
That's NATO right? They better hang with us, we would bail their ass out in a pinch.

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, it is Poland. They have been our allies since the birth of our country except for 50 years when they were trapped behind the iron curtain. They were the FIRST allied troops in Iraq and did a lot of Special Ops missions, usually in support of Navy SEALs. Poland cared enough to send their very best, the GROM (equivilant to our Delta Force).

Poland did not ask for anything in return, they just went and had our backs. Like any true friend would.

·
Registered
861 Posts
How many guys do they have over there? I meant they're a NATO member. If anyone attacks them we consider it an attack on us.

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mpost said:
How many guys do they have over there? I meant theyr'e a NATO member. If anyone attacks them we consider it an attack on us.
They do not have that many troops over there. A brigade or so. But they are not support troops. They sent top notch operators and have carried a big burden. They have also lost quite a few men.

You have to consider that they do not have a very big army to begin with.

·
Registered
861 Posts
The U.S. is taking such a non stop beat down from all these other pussy countries in the media, it's nice to see the people that are on our side. Tell me this- have you seen THEM on the news? Fuck no you haven't. Why show any support for us? This shit is starting to smell more like 'Nam all the time.

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
mpost said:
This shit is starting to smell
You can say that again :rolleyes

·
Moderator,
8,057 Posts
Poland gets unfairly slagged when it comes to military history : if you don't know who Jan Sobieski and Kasimir Pulaski are , and why what they did is important to you , you should find out ;)

Bush unfortunately isn't swift enough on his feet or otherwise to have mentioned in the debate when he interjected * and Poland * to Kerry's remark about the US and UK going it alone how many other countries have troops in harms way in Iraq : Japan , South Korea , Bulgaria , Thailand , Czech Republic , Mongolia , Ukraine , Denmark , Australia, Romania , El Salvador , Honduras , Guatemala ... have ( or had in some cases ) soldiers in Iraq . Most of these countries do not have the ability - or the equipment - to send forces anywhere equal to the US but really , for a small , poor country like the central American nations to send soldiers , it's a great gesture towards the US and and the cause of Iraqi democracy- and they are doing their fair share of fighting . A US General said for example the Salvadorans were *fighting way above their weight class * - for a real story about some balls : from http://www2.wsvn.com/news/articles/world/B41647/

NAJAF, Iraq -- One of his friends was dead, 12 others lay wounded and the four soldiers still left standing were surrounded and out of ammunition. So Salvadoran Cpl. Samuel Toloza said a prayer, whipped out his switchblade knife and charged the Iraqi gunmen.

My opinion of the Iraq situation has changed , but the Iraqis are getting their choice to say how they want to live thanks to the 1000 Americans and dozens of other troops who have died . I have grave doubts as to the maturity of the Iraqi populus but hopefully this opportunity will not go squandered and the lives lost won't have been in vain .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts