37,282 Posts
tommymac said:
didnt get much of a response
looks like crickets are chirping in here too :laughing

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
Okay I'll bite....

The guy that wrote that article is a idiot.....When is the last time a cop our soldier had a trust fund made up for their children or family when they lost their lives......It may happen but, not often I would guess.....It is no ones responsibility but, Mr Ramirez and his family to provide such things if a bread winner is lost.

That is accountability.

Yes it's only up to the parents to raise there damn kids......no one else's period. I listened to the guy on the radio and he was a complete fool and proved it over and over.

These radio stations and corporations make sure this music gets played and pumped across the country with no regard for "the children" at all. They advertise,endorse,over expose and pay these people. But, when it's time for them to answer some of these questions they are no were to be found......I read the record company hired him as a body guard so why are they not paying for the trust or giving globs of money to this mans family? Why are they not making these artist talk to the police? It's easy to throw this at the obvious but, the big picture is a little more clearer. These companies need to show some more accountability.....Interscope Records needs some real looking into cause all this shit revolves around them....

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
timy said:
Okay I'll bite....
timy,
I'll be truthful but that was an excellently executed post and really made all the points. I could not have imaged to add more.

As for this deal? With the shooting? Who say's that his israeli family is not already taken care of financially for the rest of their lives? It ain't like america where you beg on the streets for medical insurance and jobless ending up on welfare when you're an israeli citizen. Each and every single israeli citizen is paid by the STATE of Israel no matter what their job is and with whom.

Desmo

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
From what I know about Busta, hes a stand up dude and doesnt take part in that wannabe gunslinger stuff. Also, I agree with Timy, the man was a body guard putting your life in danger is the nature of the job and he should have had insurance for his family just in case. Thats like the people who join the military and then are shocked when they get shipped out. Now if one of your body guards died while protecting you, the honorable thing to do would be to help his family, but gangsta and honor dont go together.

Other than that, the author should find out what actually happened before he starts calling people out.

·
ReelSolid.TV
9,056 Posts
iDesmo said:
As for this deal? With the shooting? Who say's that his israeli family is not already taken care of financially for the rest of their lives? It ain't like america where you beg on the streets for medical insurance and jobless ending up on welfare when you're an israeli citizen. Each and every single israeli citizen is paid by the STATE of Israel no matter what their job is and with whom.
his NAME is Israel. :citadel

Ramirez = Puerto Rican :laughing

·
Soul Man
8,169 Posts
iDesmo said:
It ain't like america where you beg on the streets for medical insurance and jobless ending up on welfare when you're an israeli citizen. Each and every single israeli citizen is paid by the STATE of Israel no matter what their job is and with whom.

Desmo
That's easy to do, since the US sends a third of their foreign aid budget to Israel.

JC

·
ReelSolid.TV
9,056 Posts
iDesmo said:
It's a play on words ...

I guess ...it was funny to me.

:(
:laughing OH. MY fault. :D need to brush up on my Desmo-brand humor. :citadel

noted. :thumb

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Everybody involved is resposible in some way but it's easier to blame it on someone else.

If each person/entity took responsibilty for their actions it would never make it to this point.

·
ReelSolid.TV
9,056 Posts
RottnDog said:
Everybody involved is resposible in some way but it's easier to blame it on someone else.

If each person/entity took responsibilty for their actions it would never make it to this point.
the only people "involved" are:

1) Busta Rhymes for hiring him and having him tag along that day
2) the bodyguard for getting shot
3) the guy that shot the bodyguard
4) if he got shot INSIDE the place, whomever was supposed to be in charge of security

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
I do think the whole "keeping it real" aspect is idiotic. It's a farce perpetuated to complete a facade that increases profit.

I think the most pathetic part of it is seeing people actually buy into that nonsense and attach worth to something that is meaningless because of the negative aspects of that particular genre.

There's PLENTY of great hip hop out there that has nothing to do with the circus show that most of the public swallows whole.

Real artistry needn't rely on distracting gimmicks to gain followers.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
RtypeNYC said:

4) if he got shot INSIDE the place, whomever was supposed to be in charge of security
I don't see where we disagree.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Milo said:
Real artistry needn't rely on distracting gimmicks to gain followers.
But if thez ain't frum the 'hood, they ain't nothin' yo. :rolleyes

I agree. It's time that people stop buying into this crap by spending money on that crap. How do you improve things by sustaining a stereotype? The logic escapes me. You can talk about life, having lived, without glorifying its negative aspects.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Papa_Complex said:
But if thez ain't frum the 'hood, they ain't nothin' yo. :rolleyes

I agree. It's time that people stop buying into this crap by spending money on that crap. How do you improve things by sustaining a stereotype? The logic escapes me. You can talk about life, having lived, without glorifying its negative aspects.
It's just like the DAS UBER GEIIGH.

Chicks stop fucking these guys and it will go away.

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RtypeNYC said:

Dont forget all the fans/wannabes in there with their cameras since there were a lot of big names there making appearances in the video

Tom

·
ReelSolid.TV
9,056 Posts
tommymac said:
Dont forget all the fans/wannabes in there with their cameras since there were a lot of big names there making appearances in the video
they're not INVOLVED in the shooting.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts