Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday was a nice day. Was the first Saturday I had off in a while, and only had it off cause I had to go get sized for my wedding ring, and do my g/f wedding band. I stopped at a gas station fueled up, and head down the road.

I stopped at a local Kawi shop, to just look. They had one 6R left and the rest of the little showroom was 4 wheelers and stuff. I got on my gear, so did my g/f. Rolled up to get back on the road, slighty uphill going to turn right. I finally get a clear lane and go to pull out, but when I do I hit a bump (the difference in the road and parking lot was about 2 inches) causeing the bike to stall. (I am sure having the g/f on, aiming uphill, and the bump helped me stall:laughing )

Anyway since I was turning right, and when the bike stalled she quickly decided to go down. I tried to get get my foot down and hold her up, but she beat me too going over. I held onto the bars for all I am worth, The weight of a falling bike plus my g/f on back, I layed her down on her side as gently as I could. I was seriously pissed:mad: only had the bike 4 months, never had to lay any of the 3 bikes I have owned before down.

I got her on her side walk around and just fuming :possessed reach down and grab the bike by the bars and just sit her back on two wheels. Man that was so easy, and so light. I sometimes have problems putting her on her centerstand. The bike is huge, I jsut refueled so I know she was near the 550lb mark. They should bottle this shit... :thumb But after that and telling my g/f it wasn't her fault, we were off to the Jewlery store.

damage report

minor scratches on right fairing
bent brake lever
minor scratches on right mirror
one broken off peg feelers
paint scratched on bar end
one little scratch about 1/8 of a inch long on my exhaust

I got home, took off the fairing did alittle work on it, about 5 hours of buffing and filling letting it dry and repeating, looks good as new. Buffed mirror, and exhaust, took off other peg feeler (hated the looks of them anyway on the bird) Took off brake lever spent about 5 minutes on a vise being careful not too break it and fixed the bar end boom done..

It could have been alot worse I guess, But shes all fixed now, I am still pissed off I scratched my Woody stickers on her. But I will get over it. :D Hopefully I will never have to see my bike like that ever again. Live and learn just wish I didn't have to learn this :D

Anyone else love the sweet power of adrenaline

Dave

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
The good thing is that you and your GF are OK like you said it could be worst.

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
well...
at least the 'incident' did'nt traumatize your gf/fiance

that would have sucked...

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep its only plastic, she was worried it was her fault, i had to otell her that it wasn't about 5 times. Now if she wasn't on the bike I might have been able to save it, or might not have been able too. I dont want her affraid of riding, I am also looking at getting her a 250 ninja to learn to ride on. She loves riding with me, and wants her own bike.

Shit happens and you just gotta wash your boots off really good and try again.. :D

Dave

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should have dont that. told her she shifted her weight or something :D But I couldn't do that too her. She loves to ride and it wasn't her fault...

As far as BJ points....she a freaking nympho as it is...:biggrin :biggrin2

Dave

·
Moderator,
5,464 Posts
Yeah, I had a small high-side on a naked bike, so no worries about plastic, but managed to break three or four ribs and my right shoulder blade when I landed.

I lifted the bike out of the road and off onto the shoulder - it being about 550lbs.

Strange what you can do when you don't feel the pain.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Adrenaline is crazy stuff. I crashed on the track, and went go pick my bike up off its side........only I had suddenly become He-Man, and I THREW it on to the other side, like it was nothing. Crazy.:eek:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Shane said:
Adrenaline is crazy stuff. I crashed on the track, and went go pick my bike up off its side........only I had suddenly become He-Man, and I THREW it on to the other side, like it was nothing. Crazy.:eek:
Just kicks in and then grrrrr I love it !

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
They should find a way of bottling it. Its just a chemicle. I flew off my bicycle once and fucked myself up real bad. I just stood up and walked over to my bike. Thats when i looked down to see skin hanging off my legs. Its just like getting hurt while working on a car and not knowing it. Then when you finally finish and sit down you notice a huge ass cut on your arm. Adrenaline hides pian. My grandpa said in ww2 that guys would get there legs blown off by a bomb and just get up and start running on there stumps. I think im gonna go wreck just to feel some adrenaline.:redflip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts