Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to buy a new bike and i am thinking around the 600cc range. i had a ninja 500r and think i am ready to upgrade. anything above 600 looks a little too big for me and the seats seam to sit a little high. i am thinking about the suzuki gsx-r600 or the cbr 600. which is the better one?? or r there better ones out there i should consider?

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
SV650? But don't listen to me. I'm a bit biased. :)

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
how many miles did you put on the 500? did you take the MSF?

and yeah, the suzuki SV650 is a great 2nd bike.

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
Suzuki makes it. What do you mean, stand? You mean, put my feet down? :confused Because if you are, you're asking an very short person (26" inseam) and I've done a bit of work to make mine where I can touch with the balls of my feet.

·
Registered
122 Posts
They're both terrific bikes. I think the GSXR has a bit more in the way of "soul" but they're pretty much apples and apples. Go with the one that makes your heart pound.

Pat

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx everyone. ya ive had a little experience. i put about 3k miles on my 500 and i dont know what my inseam is. im about 5'10" so im not sure what my inseam would b. i just dont want to b standing on my toes when i stop. i heard the gsxr was a great second bike, but i guess i will check into the sv650

1 - 7 of 7 Posts