Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to go to San Francisco on Nov 8 and return on the 22nd to see my 'gf' and propose to her [I need to ask bc we live so far apart and don't want to be in limbo, u know?]....
I've checked places like "orbitz", "travelocity","hotwire" and a few more but the cheapest I could find was ~ $300...isn't that a little expensive or is it about right?

Thanks
:D

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
congrats. Taking a big leap forward or some may say backward. Good luck.

·
What?
1,435 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I travel a ton and hotwire.com ALWAYS has the lowest fares without a doubt. Most recently I flew from LA to Vermont (this past weekend). Bought the ticket last Tuesday; Orbitz wanted $550, all the airlines were over $1000, Hotwire was $326...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input so far...

(ooppss, you're right lightner) home is NYC...so it would be from JFK or LaGuardia to San Francisco

pg, I also noticed the same thing...hotwire had the cheapest ones

skypath ----> I've thought about that, and everything points to 'yes'....but then again, get back to me later ;)

BlStrk, thanx, I'm going to try that one out as well

[ felt like I just gave a 'thank you' speech at the oscars or something..lol]

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
pg_rider said:
I travel a ton and hotwire.com ALWAYS has the lowest fares without a doubt. Most recently I flew from LA to Vermont (this past weekend). Bought the ticket last Tuesday; Orbitz wanted $550, all the airlines were over $1000, Hotwire was $326...
That's good to know I will keep it in mind. But you really should use TravelZoo since I have some stocks. :D I am sure it isn't worth much, though. :(

·
Registered
775 Posts
Ive traveled to both east and west coast a lot and from NYC to San Fran, $300 is a pretty damn good deal. Im from Atlanta and it usually costs me close to $300 round trip most times ($250-280) to San Fran. Be aware that San Francisco is a rather expensive airport to fly into/out of. If you can try other alternatives - San Jose or Oakland, it turns out to be a lot cheaper most times. San Jose, its a hit or miss. But both airports arent really that much of an inconvenience if youre going to the bay area and surrounding vicinities.

Also, when I used to travel to Manhattan for work, Newark was the cheapest airport to fly into/out of. I know its a far out drive but JFK and La Guardia kills your pockets most times. La Guardia is also a hit or miss, sometimes cheap, sometimes no. Im assuming youre from the Queens area, if youre flying outta there? Anyway, hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts