Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Going to Bargy in two weeks (the 18th of October)....will race WERA next year and if the number is available I will be running #71.

·
Forum Leader,
17,387 Posts
:D 1st yr was 2002...no more orange shirt :laughing

WERA/RPM #182 Sprints
-Results:
one DNF :laughing

Twofinger Racing #500 (LSB Endurance)
-Results 2002:
3rd in class
10th overall (of 90)

·
Registered
454 Posts
I will be taking Bargy for the second time (brain fart first time) with r0cketrider. I will be out there next year taking on the LWT and Dsuper guys in WERA on my SV.

·
Registered
110 Posts
WERA Novice #941
First year: 2002
CORC class (crusty old racers) 1 first, 1 second, 1 third place finishes. The rest all top 10's but one. *shrug* i ran outta gas.:rolleyes:

F1: 1 fourth, several top 10's.

Middleweight 600 Solo 20's: 1 first (check avatar), and a couple of top 10's as well.

Money spent first year? OMFG.....i dont EVEN wanna add it up!!:eek: :(

Amount of fun?? PRICELESS!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Money spent first year? OMFG.....i dont EVEN wanna add it up!!

Yeah but that extra $1.35/gallon would have been nice. :redflip

Sorry Todd I had to do it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
ccs#525 novice (new #522)
finished 7th in superbike lite this year due to mechanical problems
after a high side,(missed alot of races) been racing since 2000
this is my bike not much left, its a 89 honda cb-1 400

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hit the track and started racing this year with CCS' Midwest region. I'm having the time of my life and can't wait until next year!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
StrickSVS said:
Yeah but that extra $1.35/gallon would have been nice. :redflip

Sorry Todd I had to do it.
Yea, you did.......and youll PAY for that too!:redcreep :redflip

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Just trackdays this year, but hope to put my foot in the racing waters early next year.

RPM/WERA #180

·
Registered
24 Posts
I race a 2000 SV650 in WERA North Florida and SouthEast Regions. I only did a handful of races this year and hope to do more in '03. Yellow plate # 84. This was my first year racing and I love it.:draggin

·
Registered
31 Posts
IDBA(International DragBike Association) #4038
Prostar #1227

3 Years.

Earned National Champ in my 3rd year.:redflip (IDBA)
1st year earned a 2nd place in the national point standings.(IDBA)

·
Buzzard King
735 Posts
First Season

Racing an SV650 in the CMRA Endurance Series
Bike #84 (Yellow Plate)
Screaming Trollop Racing

·
Registered
560 Posts
just got my licence a couple months ago, ccs #454 (am of course)
no races yet (unless you count the monthly srrs sprint races at NFMP:D )
have been track riding since march and hope to do a couple races next year...

·
Buzzard King
735 Posts
Well, I'm bummed.

Last race of the season was Saturday and our bike (SV 650) developed an electrical problem during practice which resulted in the bike running on one cylinder intermittently. Tore the bike appart in an effort to resolve the problem before race start but were unsuccessful. Nothing left to do but load up and head home.

So our first season racing went like this:

First race (6 hour endurance event) - our "new" previously sprinted raced bike suffered some type of engine failure which required the addition of significant quantities of oil during each fuel stop. We finished the race about the middle of our class, which wasn't too bad considering the bike's condition and the time lost in the pits. Engine was toast.

Second race (new engine) one of our team members was cut off and ended up hitting the rider's back tire. This resulted in a brutal highside with the bike flipping and landing upside down. We were able to make enough repairs to partake in the race but missed the first 8 or so laps. We still finished about the middle of our class with one rider riding injured.

Our third race we had a flat tire which cost us several laps. We still managed to finish about the middle of our class.

Our fourth outing we finally had a clean race finishing fourth in class. We were pumped. Based on our lap times from previous races we knew we were competitive but couldn't seem to get a break. We were really looking forward to our next race.

Our gremlins returned during our fifth race with another flat tire. This time we were bumped from a potential podium finish to last place since we didn't have a spare ready to go. We got a new tire mounted and re-entered the race, but weren't able to make up the time lost.

We've learned a lot this season. We had a lot of fun in spite of our dissappointments. We're really looking forward to regrouping during the off season and kicking some butt next year. We shouldn't have any problems since we've already used up two seasons worth of bad luck!

·
Forum Leader,
17,387 Posts
zrx.. who do you race with (team members?)...I'm assuming CMRA? We were in RPM this year... we had OK luck with the SV, but it has issues to be worked over the off-season.

·
Buzzard King
735 Posts
ReyndoggRSV said:
zrx.. who do you race with (team members?)...I'm assuming CMRA? We were in RPM this year... we had OK luck with the SV, but it has issues to be worked over the off-season.
Screaming Trollop Racing
CMRA

Here's a link showing our best finish of the season with lap times at TWS. We're running a three man team (myself, Bill Erzal James Wiatrek) all from Austin. Bill's also started running an Aprilia 250 in the sprints about mid season and is doing very well.

#84http://www.cmraracing.com/results02/Aug11TWS/BigBikeOverall.html

1 - 20 of 33 Posts