Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CF's Official Bookie and Trivia God
9,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay well as many of you know I am goign to be moving to Moorseville at the beginning of next year.
I am planning on buying a bike once I get settled down and I was just curious what the laws are over there as far as getting a class M and also if insurance is manditory or what?
In california we are run by stupid democrats so we have dumb laws and annyonying things to pay. I am going to try to take the msf coarse before I leave though, or do you think it is better not to?

Peace Out

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Do NOT take the course before you leave, it will not count towards you getting your endorsement here. Unless you get your endorsement in Cali that is. If you are going to wait to get your endorsement in NC then do the course here.

Hope that made sense. :shake

·
I'm not a poser... It's just a speed impediment
2,246 Posts
When I moved from Connecticut to here I took my cage driving written test (yeah you have to take another test even for a cage) and when they were gonna hand me my new lisence, I remembered about my previous endorsement for motorcycle, so they fished my old lisence out of the trash, verified it was endorsed, let me take just the written part of the motorcycle test, and then put the endorsement on right there. If you can get into a class out there... DO IT and get your endorsement, because my wife registered for an MSF class here and it took 6 months to get into the class, then they messed the registration up so it was all for nothing.

·
9,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you think I will have to do my license out there, I mean I am only a student out there tecnically, living there for 15 months???
And what about emissions laws? Am I allowed to saw off my exahust and run rampid :redflip

Peace Out

·
Registered
148 Posts
I wouldn't worry about a NC license if you are a student. If for some reason you are stopped, just tell them you are a student and living here temporarily, never had any questions before.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
MAAH STUD said:
Do you think I will have to do my license out there, I mean I am only a student out there tecnically, living there for 15 months???
And what about emissions laws? Am I allowed to saw off my exahust and run rampid :redflip

Peace Out
Well you being a student so long as you have you license and endorsement from Cali, your good to go. As far as the emissions laws go you can pretty much do about ANYTHING to a bike out here, save for sawing off the exhaust. But ya got me thinking about it now, :laughing . So long as you keep your Cali registration there will be no need for you to get it inspected here in NC.

Here is the low down on moto laws in NC: NC Motorclcye Laws

Remember knowledge is power!

·
Registered
846 Posts
You can take the written test and get your moto permit for about $14. That's good for 18mo. Only restriction is no passenger, which really isn't a bad thing.

Bike inspections are just for good tires, working lights and horn, working brakes. No check for emission equip is performed.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Thinks about this...

In Hawaii you can take your MC test on moped and go out that afternoon and buy a damn Hayabusa if you want- its ridiculis over there-- $$$ is all that matters-- revenue

Jeff

:confused :confused :confused

·
9,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay so after I get settled I will be looking to ge my bike, I am going to try to see if I can get in MSF here, it's about 3 months, of coarse I still have stuff to send into the school too so I do not know exactly when I am starting eaither..it was supposed to be Feb, but I am hoping it will be moved to April, easier time of year to move, March than January
So where is the local Suzuki shop so I can tell them to hold my GSXR 1000 for me :redflip

Peace Out

·
9,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boomer said:
Start Here and go to town.

I have never used this one but the crew can tell you if they are any good.
:rofl :rofl ohh that is great, a smilie in your URL

Peace Out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts