Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before I make myself look any more like an Uber nerd, please keep in mind I am on vacation (the reason I have so much free time to do these).

All I have left is to tape the rear cowl off for paint, apply decals and this one is in the bag.

Thanks for looking!
Erik

·
You can keep your CHANGE
1,931 Posts
MMmm, one of my favourite. I was thinking Doohan at the beginning, but Rossi works too :)

nice progress

·
Registered
654 Posts
Schiernbeck said:
I have a Repsol model like this. I took it out of the box and saw how many pieces it was and put it back in the box. :laughing
+1 I have an RC45

Wolfpac, did you paint the bluing on the exhaust welds!?! :shocked Wow, awesome work man!!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you for the compliments!

This one took about two weeks to build. I have finished the model and moved on to an RC211V, I just haven't taken the pics of the completed model yet )I'll do that tonight).

The bluing of the exhaust was done with an airbrush using a combination of titanium silver, titanium gold and flat blue. The two stroke exhausts have a funky gold/brown color to them that I cannot reproduce (lack of skill). A company makes a waterslide decal kit for the exhausts, but the instructions say it's a pain in the butt to get right :laughing

The two stroke models have a ton of parts to them, almost double that of the 990 GP bikes. I had the same reaction when I opened the box for the first time :laughing

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Tamiya kits are great! Nice work with the airbrush

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here is the (almost)finished product. I still need to apply the tire decals and paint/attach the exhaust hanger. I'm also debating applying another clear coat to the plastics, not sure if I feel like taking them off again.

Hands were al little shakey taking the pic

Thank you again for the compliments!

I have a Ducati Desmo that I completed a few days ago, I'll take some pics of that and post them up as well.

If you feel like going into uber nerd world, here is a link to fine scale model forums for an RC211V that I am putting together. I figured it would be an easy way to start a (I hate this word) blog on the assembly of a new model, and get tips and tricks from the people who have been building models for ages.

http://www.finescale.com/FSM/CS/forums/585964/ShowPost.aspx

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ace789 said:
Tamiya kits are great! Nice work with the airbrush

Thank you!

Tamiya kits are the best IMO. I've tried to assemble an Italeri kit (1:9 MV kit) and it's garbage in comparison.

·
Registered
45 Posts
wolfpac said:
...debating applying another clear coat to the plastics, not sure if I feel like taking them off again.

DUDE YOU'RE EVEN LAZY WHEN IT COMES TO 1/32ND SCALE MODELS! I'LL BET YOU'D APPLY ANOTHER COAT TO A DONUT!

Seriously tho, great job. now come paint my bike

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Delta said:
DUDE YOU'RE EVEN LAZY WHEN IT COMES TO 1/32ND SCALE MODELS! I'LL BET YOU'D APPLY ANOTHER COAT TO A DONUT!

Seriously tho, great job. now come paint my bike
Send me the parts.

And the paint.

Oh and the primer too.

I'll need some sandpaper as well.

A paint gun would come in handy too.

Probably a compressor too.

Maybe a spray booth, the carport won't cut it.

:nanana :redflip

The donut comment rocked fat sajack :D

Once Jenn and I get settled and she gets this new job I'm going to start working on getting the tools I need to paint big scale :D

I don't know if I posted pics of the Ducati Desmo or not

·
Registered
7 Posts
hold up, u got me

So I'm thinking who is this guy and why's he got an immaculate racebike......next pic, wtf kind of brakes are those? Must be those ceramic ones of the old days or something....then I see the bodywork:nutz :confused

Nice details! The only hint was the fork wasn't quite right, but was completely oblivious to the water bottle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts