Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just ordered some of these i hope they were worth it for 160 bucks. i previously ordered the teknic violator pro gloves for 70 bucks sale price at newenough but i didnt like the feel. anyways i tried some alpinestars on at a shop while i was buying my helmet....nicky hayden rx7 in black!!! picking it up tomorrow(had to order correct size) man i cant wait.

anyways i hope these gloves were worth paying 100 bucks more over the violators.

·
Tequila Baron
2,879 Posts
They rock like nothing else. You'll love them I am totally sure. I wear mine every day and they are still going strong.

·
Insomniac
891 Posts
i feel the same way. the teknics have a few seams that irritate me in the fingers. i need something else, bad. how do the alpinestars feel? any seams that will irritate you after riding for a few minutes?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i tried the alipinestars on it felt very smooth inside...i didnt feel many rough seems. the seems for the wrist strap on the violators really bothered my wrist.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hav worn the A stars for about 4 years. They are extremely comfortable once they break in but they do take some time to break in. Another point is that if you didn't get the right size the knuckle guard has a tendancy to pinch when you make a fist. Mine have held up fairly well and I just bought a new pair.

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
Oh man i just order the violators last week. Read this thread to o late. :shake

Right now I have the JR GPX and its not bad.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have joe rocket gtx carbon gloves and the violators, i havent had a problem with the violators but i do like the joe rockets better.

·
Registered
524 Posts
i have a pair of GP's great gloves but they do take a while to break in,otherwise no complaints here :D

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Alpinestar GP Plus gloves rock. I've gone down at the track and the gloves held up fine.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Alpinestar GP Plus gloves are great, just make sure they fit your hand snugly when you buy them.

When you break them in, and mine broke in quickly in the summer weather, they will get a bit larger.

I wish I had gotten the XL instead of the XXL now that I know the wrist area will stretch out enough to let me get my hand in.

SB

·
Registered
608 Posts
They are good gloves. Only bad thing is they take a bit to break in. Joe Rocket gloves are VERY comfy but don't hold up all that well. I've crashed twice in joe rocket gloves and both times they were destroyed. The first pair was the Nicky Hayden replica and the second pair was the speedmaster pair. Hands are fine but the gloves weren't. The other bad thing is that I was prob. only going 40 mph for the first one and 50 or 60 mph the second one. I have heard that Held gloves are the best.

·
Registered
188 Posts
GP+ are magnificent gloves. as mentioned before, they take some time to break in, but once you passed that stage, they are the best gloves you'll ever own!!!

I've tried the violators for a couple days and they're not too bad for the price either. Though I wouldn't trust them in a 100mph crash. More than enough protection for normal street riding!

Some guys mentioned the speedmasters, they are EXTREMELY comfortable because the seems are outside the glove and those knuckles have room to move and stretch. But quality is lacking!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts