Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Henry Hill of the underground KTM Mafia
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks I need your medical expertise. I want to compare my illness symptoms with yalls to see if it is flu or just a ragin cold. I figure theres a few of us in here dealing with both.
I have been sick for 6 days now with major congestion, flemy cough, mild (seems congestion caused) headaches, little ear ache at the start but none since. I have worked each day albiet miserably.
Flu is supposed to have fever and body aches which I dont have. Anyone else in here have the same symptoms AND been diagnosed with the flu? If its the flu I will be happy to know that I am getting it over early in the season.
I havent been to the doctor obviously and dont plan to go because either way they cant do a damn thing about it.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Brent, if you had the flu there would be no question in your mind that that's what you have. You would quite possibly be the sickest you have ever been. If you have had a flu shot I suppose it's possible you have a very mild case, but most likely you just have a bad cold.

I've only had the flu one time in my life and I can understand why people die from it. Other than a severe case of food poisoning (that I got on my honeymoon, but that's another story) it's the sickest I've ever been. I was really almost to the point of hallucinations with high fever, my whole body felt like it had been run over by a Mack truck, and I could barley stand up. I seriously wanted to die, just to get it over with.;)

Again, I'm sure there are varying degrees of it, but I'd bet you just have one of those colds that's hard to shake.:(

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
A little rule of thumb I was told way back in the day: if your cough is "productive" (i.e. flemy....I personally like the green flem as it tends to glow in the dark ;)), go to the doctor to get antibiotics.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
My daughter had something similar to what you have just a couple weeks ago. Went to the doc, got some antibiotics and all was better. Was not the flu, like JRA said, if you had the flu, you wouldnt be wondering if you had it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Pegdragger said:
.... Was not the flu, like JRA said, if you had the flu, you wouldnt be wondering if you had it.
My expert(?):rolleyes 3rd opinion, suggests that you're just plain DOOMED!!!! :shake Use Fedex for your overnight shipping needs!! :thumb

Rest, take whatever meds you have and be sure to cough and sneeze on all your co-workers! ;)

Hope you get better soon! :D

·
The Vespanator
4,964 Posts
I'll stop by on my way into town & kick you square in da nutz. :kickballs

(and take your mind right off of being sick! ;) :p)

Had a bad case of the crud myself a few weeks ago - no fun. :( :shrug
(Of course mine, unlike Dover's, didn't require a trip to the 'free clinic' to get rid of.......... :redflip)

Get well soon, mano! :thumb

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
I have a great case of the flu myself. Cough, fever, no energy what so ever. Kicked off last night. Caught it from my son who has had it for about 7 days now. According to the hospital it will take a 14 day period to be 100% again, is more contagious than pink eye and all the other childhood passing viruses. Sore throat from hell. No meds out to help it.

BTW im not coughing anything up. Fever runs to between 100-104:( Tylenol every 4 hours lots of fluids.

·
The Henry Hill of the underground KTM Mafia
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pegdragger and Johhny T go to the bonus round as today my 103 fever forced me to the doctor and me and my sinus infection are now on antibiotics.
Surprisingly the doctor didnt think my decision to go nite skiing Saturday was a smart idea????:confused

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Fireblader37 said:
Pegdragger and Johhny T go to the bonus round as today my 103 fever forced me to the doctor and me and my sinus infection are now on antibiotics.
Surprisingly the doctor didnt think my decision to go nite skiing Saturday was a smart idea????:confused
Yea but what do doctors know!!:nanana Its not really serious until you hit 107 degrees.:eek
Shake it off.

·
I'm not a poser... It's just a speed impediment
2,246 Posts
I've been sick for a week now but didn't think it was all that bad till yesterday when I started wharfing up food I think I ate a year ago. Then check the temp and it was 103, today it's still 102 but I feel a hell of a lot better than yesterday. I doubt in my case it's the flu... So if that makes ya feel any better that another person is sick without the flu.

And temp-wise, I'll never get worried ever again. When I had mono my father (who is a doctor) took my temp with a "good" hospital thermometer and found my temp to be 108 degrees... I felt fine at the time too. Man you should have seen his face. You don't ever want to see a doctor (or your father for that matter) with that kind of face. Like he was picking out caskets in his head already :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sounds like a cold ~ and antibiotics won't help the flu. It's viral, not bacterial......

And if it was, it doesn't mean that you got it over with early in the season - you could just as easily catch another strain of it in the same season!

:(

·
Original Digi Slut
5,870 Posts
That's it....all of you sick fuggers STAY THE HELL away from me! I get sick once a year, and by george, I do not want it just yet!

Seriously though...hope you guys get to feeling better, and soon. Nothing worse than a bunch of whiney sick bikers, to have to moderate over! :redflip

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
I shook mine off just in time to miss a nice weekend to ride (even though the bike was still down) So I went down and fixed it in hopes for another sun shine weekend:gloom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.