Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Your My Boy Blue!
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this past weekend i did some volunteer work for AMA as a "Tire Marshall"

(i also met up with Joe, who took some more pics that im sure he'll be posting up)

our job was pretty easy, each rider gets a certain number of tires that they can use for the weekend. each tire has a sticker on it stating whether or not it is that riders tire, and all i gotta do is write down the info on the sticker.

although i didnt get paid...i'm not complaining one bit! free admission to the race, free lunch, and a pass that basically says i can go wherever the hell i want and no one will say anything to me.

i pretty much stayed in the pits when there were races going on because the teams have the tvs set up in the tents so you can watch the entire race instead of just one turn.

i got about two pictures and a short video from my camera and then the battery dies (i forgot to charge it) and the rest are from my blackberry.

here are some pics.. videos are to come.

where i was most of the day

just a ducati at the ducati promo tent..its sexy as hell

Daytona SportBike winner Josh Herrin is next to Aquino who i think placed 2nd place..go Yamaha

·
Your My Boy Blue!
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
these are the young guys racing SuperSport. the kid sitting pole just turned 16, PJ Jacobsen..he jumped the start so he had to stop through pit lane. there was a battle between 2 kids going for first the entire race but eventually the kid sitting second in this pic took 1st place. there were also a couple kids from the redbull rookies cup

Ben Bostrom and his umbrella girl..he had a rough day. was sitting second, crashed in turn 1 then later crashed out of the race

American Superbike 1,2,3,4 qualifiers waiting to start

Yamaha YZ250 and 125 on display

Josh Herrin sitting pole for the Daytona SportBike race and his very pretty girlfriend (Umbrella girl)

·
Chinese fooooooood?
624 Posts
Nice pictures! My wife and I were there on Sunday and while browsing the vendors we noticed the Hayden Brothers merchandise tent. We went in and spent 10 minutes talking to Earl Hayden! What a great guy! I had seen the scoring sheet of the MotoGP race that had run eartlier that morning and asked him what had happened to Nicky. He was more than happy to tell us his opinion of D'Angelis ;) It was really interesting seeing that point of view from a father (as opposed to just a fan). You could tell how relieved he was that Nicky had just signed another year-long deal with Ducati. He also told us that Rossi had been pushing Yamaha hard to bring in Nicky as his teammate if Lorenzo had left. He had some interesting rationale and told us that Rossi was a "class guy". It made the entire day for us.

·
Your My Boy Blue!
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here are a couple of videos i got..its too bad my camera crapped out..the first video is with the camera and the other too are crappy quality from my phone..

these are the ama daytona sportbike guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRgjXpsfJfU

for the younger guys running SuperSport they let us stand right next to the barrier between the track and pit lane..i wish i could have gotten better quality video of this angle..it shows just how fast they were going..the superbikes were noticeably faster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8fXmVO1Fbo

and here is the Superbike class..shitty quality i know..but cool none the less!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmL6r8V0ddE

·
Your My Boy Blue!
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice pictures! My wife and I were there on Sunday and while browsing the vendors we noticed the Hayden Brothers merchandise tent. We went in and spent 10 minutes talking to Earl Hayden! What a great guy! I had seen the scoring sheet of the MotoGP race that had run eartlier that morning and asked him what had happened to Nicky. He was more than happy to tell us his opinion of D'Angelis ;) It was really interesting seeing that point of view from a father (as opposed to just a fan). You could tell how relieved he was that Nicky had just signed another year-long deal with Ducati. He also told us that Rossi had been pushing Yamaha hard to bring in Nicky as his teammate if Lorenzo had left. He had some interesting rationale and told us that Rossi was a "class guy". It made the entire day for us.
yea we saw that too...they were selling signed knee pucks for $75.. i saw earl in there too, but he was talking to people. maybe it was u! haha

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Wow, that's awesome Justin!!! Thanks for posting pics and video. I'm definitely gonna try to go next year. :thumb

KHR: pretty cool you met Earl Hayden :eek That would've been so cool if Lorenzo went to Ducati and then Hayden to Yamaha!!!

·
Like tamater, just without the ta.
347 Posts
Yes it was an amazing time. I agree with everything Justin said, work wasn't really work. I would of payed to do it.

My favorite part was finding out little things i didn't know about the bikes. Like the size tires they use and the crown they have to give them those insane lean angles. The riders that i briefly interacted with seemed friendly. And they all had a smile on their faces most the time. Except....you know who Mladin. I'm sure he's got a happy side but he always looks pissed. He need to hang around Zemke a bit more....lol

I'll post up pictures later. But guys, ,most of my pictures were of the incredible umbrella girls. Hope you guys don't mind. Which i got some shit for.....OH WELL.

Ok I'm going to stop talking now, if not i'll be on here all day.

·
Your My Boy Blue!
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that dainese umbrella girl (white umbrella) was GORGEOUS!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, new to this forum.

I didn't really notice the umbrella girls (sorry) but guys in leather are always appealing to me! And the races were badass. Felt lucky to have my TX butt up there.

·
Like tamater, just without the ta.
347 Posts
Hi, new to this forum.

I didn't really notice the umbrella girls (sorry) but guys in leather are always appealing to me! And the races were badass. Felt lucky to have my TX butt up there.
WELCOME...

Hey what ever rocks your socks...There were guys there in leathers? I must of missed them...........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts