9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I just wanted to be the first poster here:D

But I do have a 2003 HD WideGlide3.
What about you?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a 2003 Heritage. Have you thought of adding new pipes? I have ordered 2 into 1 from V&H, and my bike is fuel injected. I was wondering peoples thoughts on Power Commanders or other alternatives?

·
Registered
700 Posts
I'm 100% behind a power commander if there is one for your bike. Have seen custom mapping do wonders on a dyno.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mines still got a carb. Being a Computer/Electronics guy I don't like PC's solution to remapping, it's clever but I prefer edits directly in the pcm, not a box that plays games with the signals going into the pcm to change things. But they are better than nothing, at least sometimes.

I've noticed that some of the dyno's with 2 into 1's get a little choked at higher rpm, so I've stayed with the stock 2 pipes with a cross over. I am going to get SE II's for it, open it up a little.

·
Registered
4 Posts
RSV, the SE pipes are really good for the bike you have. Don't change them. They're just the right size and the powerband is broad right where an HD engine is comfortable running. 2-1 pipes tend to have a wider power band and more torque than 2-2 pipes but the band does cater to the low and midrange. You could use a larger diameter 2-1 for more top end but I've seen the low end sufer badly by running way too rich right where cruising rpms are. The power dip is bad. The crossover helps the 88" a little but does absolutely nothing for the 95". Lose it.
You want more upper range? The SE heads are better than stock but still need work. The CV carb has a lot to do with your top end. My FXDX is a much hotter version of the FXDWG3. Headquarters did all the headwork, I use their programmable ignition and Hooker 2-1s. Many other things were done too. Mine breathes fine to 7000 rpm and doesn't level off. Tops out at 129 HP. I'm still using the CV44 carb tho so top end could be better but it was necessary over the flatslides for touring purposes. I'm conviced the CV44 does a better job than a 42mm flatslide for all around riding. If all you do is drag, get the flatslide then. Send them heads out!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The PC does much better on the Jap bikes. HDs and Buells tend to get erroneous trouble codes and stuff. The big twins respond better but the PC on the Buells were utterly useless. The race ECM instead of a PC was much better, even with a zero map. The race ECM is flawless in performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts