Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went out for a ride with the new airfilter installed. I just can't believe how much I'm in love with this bike!!! I have sooo much fun on it. I can't stop the big ass smile on my face. I feel the bike just pulls from 3kRPM and doesn't quit at all. It's nice and strong from 5.5K to 7k right where I like to be exiting corners. I feel like the more mods made the more linear the torque curve is. This bike is great.

I went out for a quick ride since the sun was out my woman and the kids went to her parents home. I took the mille out. I wanted to hit some twisties, but didn't want to go all far to get to them so I went to a nearby spot, Green Valley. I Enjoyed most of my afternoon until I headed home.

On my way home I saw a WaSP. I slowed down and followed him. He pulled over to help a stranded motorist. I thought I was in the clear and WOT for about a mile and a half to the next exit. I take it and turned right. I stopped at the light and looked in my hideously unuseful mirror and saw a marked WaSP behind me. Damn!!!!

Where did he come from??? The light turns green I go and I see he turned on his lights too.

Damn it!!!

I pull into a private parking lot.

He asks the usual question, "do you know how fast you were going?"

I reply, "I honestly do not know. I was not looking."

He replayed what happened prior to me taking the exit off Hwy 16.

I nod convincingly thinking to myself that sounds about right. Where the hell were you!!! I didn't see you behind me.

He says, "you should be careful. You don't want to die on Christmas? I don't want to give a ticket on Christmas."

"I don't want one," I say to him.

He asks for license and registration.

Damn! Damn! Damn!

This has to ruin my Xmas. He's going to see I was just arrested for Reckless driving and see that I'm on probation and that I'm required to carry insurance. I give him the registration and pull out my wallet to grab my license. He sees the picture of my 2 boys.

He says, "oh you're a family man. You really out to be here for your kids."

"That's what I'm trying to do. I'm on my way home." I reply

I give him my license and he walks to his car and says, "I really don't want to write a ticket on Christmas."

I take all my gear off and try to hide my radar detector, cause our WaSPs don't like Radars even though it's legal.

He's in his squad car for awhile. A lot less than I'm used to. Normally when I get pulled over. The state patrol is in his car for a good 15min. This stater, trooper A.J. Fox, was in his car for about 2 min. I hear the door open and close. I don't look up until he's right near me. I look and he's holding my license and registration.

Thank you!

Thank you!

He looks at my bike and tells me, "I know you're not going to listen to me when I say slow down. You really should get insurance. Do you have insurance on the bike?"

I say to him, "not right now." All the while thinking. I have a reckless on my driving record from May. I have to wait 3 years to get a descent insurance rate.

The troopers says, "I know it's not require yet, but you should get it soon to take care of yourself and your bike."

He tells me a story about the 6 people this year that he was called to regarding motorcycle accidents. 5 of which was speed related and one where a car side swiped the motorcyclist. One of the speeders had his leg cut off hitting a wooden post from a sign.

He gives my stuff back and before he goes I extend my hand to shake his. I thanked him for not writing me a ticket. I certainly appreciate the talk and definitely the warning. I hurried home!

Thanks Trooper Fox.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Damn Dom,
what a story I am glad he was on of the nice WSP

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah he was a cool brotha!

If it was someone with a crew cut

I'd been screwed!

I don't know where the hell the guy ever was. Never seen him.

I hope you all had a good Christmas!

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's paid for:rolleyes

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
DOM you SQUID!! Stop playing on the freeway.:redflip :nanana :nanana :nanana

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
your one lucky bastard..remember what happened to me about the 150 plus pop..... I don't speedon the street any more:eek

·
90% scare tissue
5,441 Posts
Wow you are a lucky bastard.........Playing on the freeway?

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you better believe it! Thats it no more playing aroun that area too many incidents

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Newbie750 said:
bastard :rant
don't hate the player! hate the game!:D

·
And we will send you to whatever God you wish
3,409 Posts
Dvus3000 said:
If it was someone with a crew cut

I'd been screwed!
You speak the truth. Heh.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
?what you talking about? Track day in Spokane

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm down for more and more track days for the new year.

·
Registered
9,572 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Its so hard not to play in the streets. I have yet to get pulled over on my r1 but In the back of my head I alway's think if I am about to get pulled over and it looks good to run I would probably do it. what happens if you get caught eluding an officer?
where is that place you were riding some twisties?

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Eluding is a class C felony. You go to jail, directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200. I believe it's a minimum 18 months and max 5 years, plus fines, loss of license, etc.

Reckless is a misdemeanor. 30 days mandatory license suspension. Max one year jail and $5000 fine, though jail time and that big of fine are rare for reckless. Usually $500-1000 fine and of course the 30 day license suspension.

A lawyer may be able to get you out of a reckless, or probabtion or possibly a deferral. Not likely you will get out of a felony eluding.

So if you're gonna run, you better be damn sure you get away, or you are REALLY fucked. :shake

1 - 19 of 19 Posts