Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend nite session 6pm to 10pm

Votes: 2 20.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Henry Hill of the underground KTM Mafia
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well it does appear that there are a fair share of winter sports enthusiasts in here so I thought maybe we could arrange a group outing to Beech Mountain next month or Feb sometime for a day of terrorizing the slopes CWC style. I would also encourage newbies to attend also and see how much fun skiing and snowboarding is.
If we have 15 or more folks to commit we could get a decent discount on lift tickets and rentals. It would seem a weekend day would be best for everyone's work schedule BUT the rates are more expensive accordingly. Beech should start specials such as "Buy a lift ticket get one free" on Tuesdays and other discount weekdays rates also after the 1st of the year. We could also just do a night session also as they are a bargain but you Charlotters would get home well after midnite with the travel time.
If we do a weekday I will happily burn a vacation day to attend. Please post up if interested and I will set a day based on the majority of those folks who are serious about doing it. If ya want to check out the resort and prices etc go wo www.skibeech.com.
Now I know some folks have resorts that are closer to them and ones they may like better but Beech is certainly one of the top 2 resorts in NC by far.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Fireblader37 said:
...but Beech is certainly one of the top 2 resorts in NC by far.

Which isn't saying much :redflip.

I'd be up for a weekend night session :thumb.

I looked at the rates and there is no way I will pay all-day rates for NC shit-snow :shake. Hell, a full day ticket at Sugar and Beech is just barely cheaper than Snowshoe....whats up with that?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
hey guys, Winter place is 2 hours and 15 minutes to the dot from my house. We could meet up there, go for a day's ski on better slopes, comeback and crash at my house if you like.

Just a thought, As for Beech or Sugar, the rates are ridiculous, but only an hour away and heck, its skiing - I didn't start this sport cause it was cheap (Johnny):nanana

·
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beech had 6 to 8 inches of powder last weekend folks. It aint no Wolf Laurel or Cataloochie. Yes there are better resorts elsewhere but as I said its the best avail in NC and located semi conveniently.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Re: Re: An idea? How many takers?

Johnny T said:
Which isn't saying much :redflip.

I'd be up for a weekend night session :thumb.

I looked at the rates and there is no way I will pay all-day rates for NC shit-snow :shake. Hell, a full day ticket at Sugar and Beech is just barely cheaper than Snowshoe....whats up with that?
I share similar views it is hard to pay the big $$ for not so great skiing !

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I'm in... I'm sure lance, debbie, cody, and a few other locals would be all for it as well. Also, Lance and I only live like 1 hour from beech so anyone would be welcome to crash at my house.

I also bought a new ride that would be fun to take up beech mtn :p

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
US421-R6 said:
I'm in... I'm sure lance, debbie, cody, and a few other locals would be all for it as well. Also, Lance and I only live like 1 hour from beech so anyone would be welcome to crash at my house.

Did you get a fargin STi Travis ??????????

·
I'm not a poser... It's just a speed impediment
2,246 Posts
You all suck, Skiing is the one thing I can be compettitive with you guys doing (I used to race like some of you guys). But I'll never get a chance to go this year again... Oh well, maybe I'll just have to go visit my in-laws that live up at Killington, VT for a weekend then I'll have something really to post :D

·
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dover have you ever been to Beech? Its a very good ski resort with excellent snow. Snowshoe is bigger and might have better snow on a more consistent basis but Beech almost always has excellent groomed snow with little or no icy spots. There are some crap ski resorts in NC but Sugar and Beech are not one of them. Very nice ride 421! Thats one of the few cars that might be as much fun as a sportbike on these roads thats actually affordable ( on second though 30k??? aint affordable for me).

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Fireblader37 said:
Dover have you ever been to Beech? Its a very good ski resort with excellent snow. Snowshoe is bigger and might have better snow on a more consistent basis but Beech almost always has excellent groomed snow with little or no icy spots. There are some crap ski resorts in NC but Sugar and Beech are not one of them. Very nice ride 421! Thats one of the few cars that might be as much fun as a sportbike on these roads thats actually affordable ( on second though 30k??? aint affordable for me).
I have been to Sugar but not Beech I will be down for whatever you guys want to do !

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
If I'm available, I'll probably go to where everybody else goes. Winterplace is an option too, as I have skied it a lot, and like Drew said, its really not all that far (at least for us Charlotte area folks). The snow at Winterplace isn't that great, but slope selection is more than double that of the NC resorts, which means something (to me at least...can't be getting bored with the same 3 slopes can we? ;)).

I have yet to go out west. Having said that, once you go to Snowshoe, the rest of the mid-atlantic/southeastern ski resorts aren't as nice anymore :p.

BTW, Merry Christmas everyone :).

·
The MACH daddy
523 Posts
US421-R6 said:

i'd like to go. You did say I could drive right Trav?:D

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'd definitely go, regardless of week or weekend (as long as it's in February), or price - only went once last year, and dying to get out again! :rant

·
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Weekend full day session appears to be the majority choice but without 15 commitees we cant get a group discount. I will start to figure out a Feb weekend session and post up.

·
Rolling Chicane
8,124 Posts
I'm in. :thumb

I'll get to pass brent on the mountain............just like old times. :redflip

·
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bring it Sig as this fat boy can snowboard! By the way, thats some tall talk for someone who's basically been a cager for the past 5 months!:nanana

·
Rolling Chicane
8,124 Posts
Fireblader37 said:
Bring it Sig as this fat boy can snowboard! By the way, thats some tall talk for someone who's basically been a cager for the past 5 months!:nanana
I want to learn to snowboard.......but I just know the first time is going to be a bitch. :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts