1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/artic...RTICLE_ID=40867

By Ron Strom
2004 WorldNetDaily.com

A movie whose purpose is to prove that Jesus Christ never existed and that demonizes Christian fundamentalists is scheduled to open on June 6, 2006 – that is, 06-06-06, the "666" biblical mark of the Beast.

Directed by Brian Flemming, who is described on the film's website as a "former fundamentalist Christian," "The Beast" promises to spread the theory he claims is "gaining credibility among scholars" – that Jesus was made up out of thin air.

-I think some prayers are needed for this Mr. Flemming. If he chooses to close his hearts, eyes, and mind... let it not be without prayer for him.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Montoya said:

-I think some prayers are needed for this Mr. Flemming. If he chooses to close his hearts, eyes, and mind... let it not be without prayer for him.
Amen to that...

As far as the movie goes, bring it on. Apologetics, especially when faced with such an easy target, can be quite a tool to reach people. Anything that gets people talking about Christ at all can frequently provide great openings.

-And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Rom 8:28 NASB

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I originally wasn't sure if I should have even posted it this story, believing that its better to let stuff like this pass with the dust to the trash.

I don't believe we should make some storming outcry over this, bringing press attention etc. to it. If it happens though, I'm confident that God will use apologetics or some other amazing way to bring people to him.

For now, I just feel an urge to pray for this man and those similar.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I saw a little info on that movie- I doubt it'll be anything worth seeing.

I really enjoyed the Da Vinci code- it was a great piece of fiction with a little bit of truth mixed in. I enjoyed Angels & Demons as well from the same perspective. Really well written books. I believe Dan Brown mentioned that he even got to interview the Pope for one of them but I could be pulling that out of thin air.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Montoya said:
I originally wasn't sure if I should have even posted it this story, believing that its better to let stuff like this pass with the dust to the trash.
Out of curiosity, what's your reasoning behind that belief?

·
Moderator,
7,795 Posts
Sending Out the Twelve

&nbsp&nbsp&nbspAnd He called the twelve to Himself,
&nbsp&nbsp&nbspand began to send them out two by two,
&nbsp&nbsp&nbspand gave them power over unclean spirits.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbspHe commanded them to take nothing for the journey except a staff-
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp-no bag, no bread, no copper in their money belts--
&nbsp&nbsp&nbspbut to wear sandals, and not to put on two tunics.

Also He said to them,

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp"In whatever place you enter a house,
&nbsp&nbsp&nbspstay there till you depart from that place.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbspAnd whoever will not receive you nor hear you,
&nbsp&nbsp&nbspwhen you depart from there,
&nbsp&nbsp&nbspshake off the dust under your feet as a testimony against them.
&nbsp&nbsp&nbspAssuredly, I say to you,
&nbsp&nbsp&nbspit will be more tolerable
&nbsp&nbsp&nbspfor Sodom and Gomorrah
&nbsp&nbsp&nbspin the day of judgment
&nbsp&nbsp&nbspthan for that city!"

So they went out and preached that people should repent.

And they cast out many demons,
and anointed with oil many who were sick, and healed them.

- Mark 6:7-12

1 - 6 of 6 Posts