Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about this a few weeks ago. One of my random thoughts.

In high school, there's always the one-week anniversary, two week, one month, three month, etc. and being all cutesy and sickening to the general public...getting gifts for that HUGE milestone of five months cause you know you're gonna be together foreva and eva after that.

Do you/would you still do that after middle/high school? If yes...do tell me why.

Discuss :D

·
her
3,166 Posts
:crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup

I would not have done that in Jr. High....and you really think people do this as adults???

Thanks for the morning laugh... :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
I don't really, but my husband is big on those (I married a hopeless romantic after all :laughing ). Now that we've been married for nearly 2 years, now he just makes legitimate anniversaries out of the littlest things... like the first time we kissed, or like yesterday was the anniversary of when he proposed to me. :citadel

·
ReelSolid.TV
9,056 Posts
Jaynnus said:

I would not have done that in Jr. High....and you really think people do this as adults???

Thanks for the morning laugh... :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup
:citadel normally, the one-month anniversary would be celebrated as the one-week anniversary with the next chick. :1pimp

:toofunny

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
I have never celebrated anniversaries of any kind (not even in high school or junior high). I guess it helps that most guys don't make it to these socially acceptable celebratory marks. :shrug :laughing Wait....that's :(

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
Jaynnus said:

+1 :snarf

We marked our one year, we'll mark our two year.... once we get married, we'll celebrate that anniversary. But to divvy it down to the WEEKS? Sheesh...... I couldn't tell you how many WEEKS we've been together if I tried!

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
Call me "cute" then, because I did the month anniversaries until we hit one year (before marriage). Now there's the yearly anniversary when we became "an item" and then we have our wedding anniversary. :love2

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
I don't think there's anything wrong with being "cute" or celebrating romantic milestones (God only knows we're still smooch-smoochy and all cute and affectionate), but to celebrate the WEEKS a couple has been together? Just seems terribly time consuming... :laughing

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
We tracked the months since our first date for quite a while, but we are kinda cutesy by most people's standards :laughing Now that the number is well over a hundred, it's too scary to think about. We started that when we started dating in college, but since neither of us really dated before that, we had to make up for some of the things we missed. :shrug

...dave
:redcreep

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
Well since I keep a copy of our wedding invitation in my office so as to look up the date then I suppose not.... We got married on the 2nd (yes I had to look) and I can never remember if it was the first or second! :eek :laughing

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I don't like the whole idea of valentines and anniverseries, for the simple fact that 9 times out of 10 it buts the pressure ofn the guy to come up with something that is either uber romantic, or at the very least that we care, which is all well and good, my problems lies in the fact that I think we should be allowed to expect certain things in return for these breif yet shining moments, and yet when these fail to appaer I resent the fact that there is some random day created just to boost certian peoples confidence in themselves. As far as that yearly celebration of that glorious day that I tied the knot at the end of the noose, but that is another story. Whose bright idea was it to save the top portion of the cake and then eat it one year later, damn that was stupid, I realize this doesn't apply to every one but it certainly does in my case. Enough venting.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
jester1k said:
I don't like the whole idea of valentines and anniverseries, for the simple fact that 9 times out of 10 it buts the pressure ofn the guy to come up with something that is either uber romantic, or at the very least that we care, which is all well and good, my problems lies in the fact that I think we should be allowed to expect certain things in return for these breif yet shining moments, and yet when these fail to appaer I resent the fact that there is some random day created just to boost certian peoples confidence in themselves. As far as that yearly celebration of that glorious day that I tied the knot at the end of the noose, but that is another story. Whose bright idea was it to save the top portion of the cake and then eat it one year later, damn that was stupid, I realize this doesn't apply to every one but it certainly does in my case. Enough venting.
Shit we were fighting so much already we didn't even do the one year wedding cake thing.

·
her
3,166 Posts
Do people actually remember the date of a first kiss, first date, first time you farted in front of your SO, etc....

I would not have a clue when these things happened, never mind celebrate them.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Since we aren't married, I do celebrate yearly anniversaries of the time he called me his girlfriend. Fuck, we've been together 10 years. I need -something- to celebrate each year! :crackup

·
They call me Jugs.
10,432 Posts
We don’t remember off the top of our heads usually but if we happen to realize…
“hey we’ve been together 6 months” we might say something but there’s no celebrating or gifts or anything. We certainly don’t point it out to others anyway.

·
ReelSolid.TV
9,056 Posts
Jaynnus said:
Do people actually remember the date of a first kiss, first date, first time you farted in front of your SO, etc....

I would not have a clue when these things happened, never mind celebrate them.
+1 :laughing I met this chick at a NYE party one year. every time NYE comes up, and I think of her, I remember it's our anniversary. however... if it had been a random house party, I wouldn't be able to tell WHEN I had met her. :shrug

the best I'd be able to do is remember whether I wore a coat/jacket to that party or not... maybe :citadel

1 - 20 of 36 Posts