Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
SHHHHITZILLA
9,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is some text from the NFL rule book: A player will be ruled in bounds if he touches the pylon at the goal line before going out of bounds. For example, a pass would be considered complete if one foot touches the pylon and the other foot is in bounds.

Now, watch this........

http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1RNQ1I9BVQWNY0OEC78H53UYM7

We got screwed.

·
CF Security Administrator,
6,639 Posts
Sheesh .....fine, take your 7 points ....hell, I'll even assume you would have went for and got the 2pt conversion :twofinger

ETA: The way it was explained from apparently another rulebook the other day (nfl radio/sirius) the player has to have possession inbounds (ie both feet) before the 'pylon' rule counts :confused
(ie: catch has to be made inbounds, then the player may contact the pylon while making a play for the endzone)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Zeos said:

ETA: The way it was explained from apparently another rulebook the other day (nfl radio/sirius) the player has to have possession inbounds (ie both feet) before the 'pylon' rule counts :confused
(ie: catch has to be made inbounds, then the player may contact the pylon while making a play for the endzone)

Actually this is wrong. By the way the rule is worded (whether I agree with it or not) the hitting of the pylon counts as having that foot inbounds. The rule does not say anything about it being a touchdown, only that the pass is COMPLETE if this happens. So by saying that "the player has to have possession inbounds (ie both feet)" makes the first rule not make any sense. I dont know if I am explaining this very well, but you get the picture.

·
SHHHHITZILLA
9,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tittaayyyyys!

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
It's OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

·
BE SAFE AND RIDE SMART
5,602 Posts
Zeos said:
Sheesh .....fine, take your 7 points ....hell, I'll even assume you would have went for and got the 2pt conversion :twofinger

Give us our other TD back also ......... :redflip

Then take away that bunk call on the one with the QB ran it in.

·
CF Security Administrator,
6,639 Posts
TLRMAN said:
Give us our other TD back also ......... :redflip
You'd have had it if your boy could keep his hands to himself :laughing He needs to keep in mind...it's a football game, not a circle-jerk....

Then take away that bunk call on the one with the QB ran it in. [/B]
The replays seem to disagree with you there, but we did still have one more down after that one ;)

·
STEW'S LOVE CHILD
20,003 Posts
Hypnotiq said:
It's OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
I thought you weren't going to comment on any of this anymore in ANY susper bowl related thread:confused So shut it :redflip

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Over! Over! Over!

·
the fruit of my loins
6,518 Posts
Its over? The NFL is cancelling next season? I think they should fix the poor play calling before cancelling the entire season, seems a little over the top to do that for some poor officiating.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I'm in the acceptance phase of this travesty. Indeed it's over. I'm looking ahead now and there is nothing I want more than a week 1 rematch at home. Can you imagine the kind of homecookin' the 12man would bring down on those poor Stealers? And if I had a choice, Ed "Guns" Hochule would be my preferred head ref for that game, haha nothing gets by that guy!

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
I love Ed Hochule. He is the man! :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hypnotiq said:
I love Ed Hochule. He is the man! :)
"Upon further review...the runner was ruled down by contact, the reception was made demonstrating control of the ball using both hands and a chinstrap, he then turned, took 2 full steps constituting forward motion, was tackled from behind by number 56, he then lunged, fell forward and impacted the ground landing on the right side of his upper torso, elbow first, thereby deeming him down by contact after which time the ball came loose, he then got up, adjusted his right shoulder pad back into his jersey, smiled at me, then pointed at his mom in section 127...seat B12. The play on the field stands"

Attachments

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
749Ed said:
"Upon further review...the runner was ruled down by contact, the reception was made demonstrating control of the ball using both hands and a chinstrap, he then turned, took 2 full steps constituting forward motion, was tackled from behind by number 56, he then lunged, fell forward and impacted the ground landing on the right side of his upper torso, elbow first, thereby deeming him down by contact after which time the ball came loose, he then got up, adjusted his left shoulder pad back into his jersey, smiled at me, then pointed at his mom in section 127...seat B12. The play on the field stands"
:crackup :crackup

So true.

·
I like boobs
12,333 Posts
749Ed said:
"Upon further review...the runner was ruled down by contact, the reception was made demonstrating control of the ball using both hands and a chinstrap, he then turned, took 2 full steps constituting forward motion, was tackled from behind by number 56, he then lunged, fell forward and impacted the ground landing on the right side of his upper torso, elbow first, thereby deeming him down by contact after which time the ball came loose, he then got up, adjusted his right shoulder pad back into his jersey, smiled at me, then pointed at his mom in section 127...seat B12. The play on the field stands"
While that's good I think the best referee call was one made in the NCAA Bayou Classic a few years ago. You guys know the game; it's the annual matchup between Grambling State University and Southern University. Anyways a penalty gets called and it's a personal foul. The ref comes out and says the following, "Personal foul. Number 87. Whacked upside the head. 15 yards from the spot of the foul. First down."

Whacked upside the head... :crackup :clap :crackup

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
749Ed said:
:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts