Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
USMC 0341 '89-'93
3,176 Posts
Hard to believe 10 years ago he was winning the double at the Phillip Island WSBK round. Now he's strung out on H. What a shame. :shake

Attachments

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I had his Vance & Hines Ducati poster on my wall for like 5 years. What a bummer. He's 31,Australian, fat, a crackhead, and slow. Mladin is 31, Australian, phat, a crackah, and not slow.

·
Prudish Wanker and official ROSSIFUMI SCUMBAG
1,061 Posts
I'm gonna get flamed like hell for this but......That is a perfect example of why I think NO drugs should never be legalized. People, in general (there are exceptions to everything) are not self disciplined enough not to abuse the stuff. This guy went from superhero to superzero. Because of drugs and alcohol.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
sky748 said:
I'm gonna get flamed like hell for this but......That is a perfect example of why I think NO drugs should never be legalized. People, in general (there are exceptions to everything) are not self disciplined enough not to abuse the stuff. This guy went from superhero to superzero. Because of drugs and alcohol.
Not flamed, it's just that Prohibition isn't working, and it creates a whole black market which is run by criminals, who have machine gun fights over teritory, over charge, forcing junkies to turn to crime to support their habits, etc, etc.

·
1,061 Posts
Rsv1000R said:
Not flamed, it's just that Prohibition isn't working, and it creates a whole black market which is run by criminals, who have machine gun fights over teritory, over charge, forcing junkies to turn to crime to support their habits, etc, etc.

You're right, it's not working. But legalization is not the answer that some people will have you believe is the right choice. And your post did not "FLAME" and I appreciate that.

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
Rsv1000R said:
those same junkies would commit crimes to get it if it were legal or not.

del la sol said:
is anyone actually suprised?
+1

he was banned from racing for being a pothead, nobody has heard from him in 3 years, what did you think he was doing? selling amway?

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
karl_996 said:
those same junkies would commit crimes to get it if it were legal or not.
You don't find many wino's mugging people to get a bottle of MD2020.

Even if it was sold at a reasonable profit, H would cost $5-$10/day, It's really expensive because it's illegal.

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
Rsv1000R said:
You don't find many wino's mugging people to get a bottle of MD2020.

Even if it was sold at a reasonable profit, H would cost $5-$10/day, It's really expensive because it's illegal.
we have legalized marajuana here, and there are two affecting factors that make it not desirable.
1. Illegal pot is cheaper
2. Legal pot is weak in comparison.

I would imagine heroin would be the same if legalized.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
karl_996 said:
he was banned from racing for being a pothead, nobody has heard from him in 3 years
except for when Kevin Erion tried to help his fat loser has been ass out and he went and got that dui

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Soup just posted up an update from Dude's mom...

Anthony Gobert's mother and long-time manager, Sue Gobert, e-mailed us this afternoon and asked that this statement be run on the site:

I am shocked to see all the letters about Anthony all over the web today. What the article in the newspaper did not say is that Anthony completed rehab (at his own instigation) and has now been clean for many, many months.
The offences occurred a long time ago but the court hearing
was adjourned a couple of times so there has been a big gap
between the time of the offences and the court hearing.
This is the reason why he was not jailed but only given such a minor penalty compared to what he should have received because the judge was happy that Anthony had taken steps to turn his life around and is now completely drug free.
Anthony has had a serious drug problem for some time and has been fighting it for years, sometimes winning, sometimes not.

The "TALL POPPY SYNDROME" is alive and well in Australia and there are still many jealous people who just live to cause havoc to some people whom they consider to be better off than themselves.

Anthony has hurt himself more than anything and has tried very hard over the years to overcome his addiction. Some faceless person has sent the newspaper to every journalist worldwide and also to every one who is some way involved in the sport of motor cycle racing. It seems so unfair that he should be treated this way when he has finally overcome his addiction and was starting to get his life back together.

So, I would be grateful if you could print this letter or some form of comment from me to stop all the uninformed discussion. Thank you, Sue Gobert

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
sky748 said:
So what... That's his problem, why do we care what he does with his own life?

If they don't have the discipline then they fail.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
karl_996 said:
we have legalized marajuana here, and there are two affecting factors that make it not desirable.
1. Illegal pot is cheaper
2. Legal pot is weak in comparison.

I would imagine heroin would be the same if legalized.
Sounds like the politicians were involved, and screwed it up.

There's no reason legal pot shouldn't be cheaper and better, unless they are over taxing it, and limiting it's effectiveness.

The idea is to undercut the criminals, put them out of business.

·
1,061 Posts
Ian said:
So what... That's his problem, why do we care what he does with his own life?

If they don't have the discipline then they fail.

I don't care what he does with his life. I was making a comment more about substance abuse than A. Gobert.

·
Moderator,
8,057 Posts
Just a horrible shame-he made the choice though:he knew he was one of the best riders in the world and had a very bright future but he chose to fuck off.It's weird that he's only 31 and is a has been;by all rights he should've had at least a couple WSB titles by now

Regarding substances/legality: the reason hard drugs are illegal really is because they're harmful-not because The Man just doesn't want the tax money.It's hard to be a productive person when you're a junkie or meth addict-sure there are some,most are not.The marketplace and legality doesn't matter:the users obviously don't care whether or not it's illegal or what it costs and nobody gives a damn about junkies giving each other Hep C and dying in shithole flophouses.Given the nature of the drugs,users do as much as they can afford so cost is often just the limiting factor of how much they use.Need another fix,turn another trick-if the price goes down then the market says the price per trick is going to fall too.It's paying for the ambulance rides for them,the treatment of their HIV and Hep and the police to keep them at least somewhat in check.Likewise,it's hard to make meth much cheaper than it is-hell,that's capitalism in action GOK knows how many crack dealers meth makers put out of business by offering a cheaper product-and I really don't care if you want to rot your teeth out and blow up your basement.It's the whole cleaning up the mess part I have a problem with.The War on Drugs is all about the breaking even mark-you can't fight human nature,but you can at least hope to ameliorate its worse tendancies.Whatever,it's not about racing motorcycles so I digress.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts