Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Henry Hill of the underground KTM Mafia
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So many pro level privateer racers would kill for the sponsors/chance that guy had and has. Well I guess if he continues down that herion path one of those privateers might get their shot at his spot on some race team. Hopefully his brothers dont follow his example.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
kerry_129 said:
:eek The 'GO get-a-fix show'?..... :(

:laughing

Truly sad. :(

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Some people do drugs, other people let drugs do them.:D

·
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bet he got hooked on drugs right after that incident where his rear tire separated coming off turn 4 at about 175 mph at Daytona a few years ago. On TV he looked like he needed something to take the edge off after that!:eek :eek
SCARY stuff for sure, how he kept that bike upright is still an absolute mystery to me.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Guys, don't forget that this was the whole sentencing part of things. He actually DID the crime a long time ago. I honestly think he's turning around now. He knows this is do or die and I think he's working hard. It's too bad that I think it's too late, but I'm excited as hell to know that he's going to have the world's eyes on him again. God I hope he makes it back to the states as a clean rider, ready to rumble!

·
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Clay, Goberts had a long history of various drug issues. Early in his career he was well known for being more interested in swatting a bong then practice sessions. I would like to see him get clean also but he's been frustrating various team managers for many years. Like the thread says "a true waste of great talent".:shake
I have always enjoyed watching him race though and hes got the most talent of any of the Gobert boys.

·
Registered
400 Posts
one of the best things about gobert is that he and mat mladin hate each other, so he gets a :thumb in my book for that. maybe if mladin was high he wouldn't be such a prick, then maybe somebody else could win a freakin race too....so props to mat for being so dominate :mad

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
crash51 said:
so props to mat for being so dominate :mad
He wouldn't be if Nicky didn't go over to MotoGP.;)

·
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Monster as much as I hate to say it I still think Matt would be dominating AMA Superbike even if Nicky were over here still. Matts key advantage is the GSXR 1000 and the $ his team gets from Suzuki and Yoshimura. I think Suzuki plans, expects Matt to continue to dominate that series until he retires.
Hondas just havent been competitive in the AMA Superbike series since they went to the 1k liters.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts