Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
My buddy just picked up one of those about a month ago.

2002 Bandit 600S in Red.

He loves it.

SB

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Best bike in the world for me....

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I'm 6' even and the ZG is awesome! You can still feel the wind on your head but it doesnt buffet at all, you can turn your head for blind spot checks much easier, when you tuck down behind it all wind noise is eliminated and all you can hear is the sound of your engine. I've toured with the "Duke" before the windscreen and after, and the after trip was alot more enjoyable.

If you're taller than 6' ZG makes a touring screen that's a little bigger.

BTW, I have no desire to trade-up!

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Scot,
By far one of the nicest Bandit's I've seen, very nice and clean :thumb

What kind of subframe mods did you have to do to make that tail section work? How's about the stock seat, does it just go under the tail section, or did you have to cut it somehow to make it work?

·
Rule #34
14,509 Posts
sorry..I was over whoring pics in the naked forum hehehe.

I only had to remove the luggage bars on the rear subframe. (which I had done previously because I had a high mount on it)

The deal I made with myself was this:

No modding of rear subframe that would question it's strength or not allow me to use stock tail section.

All work was done to tail section to make it fit. (and still working)

I wasn't after the f3 tailsection by any means. My stock tail has broken tabs..I coupla good scrapes from a careless owner in the past. A buddy happened to have this tail section on his garage wall for a while. $25 later and I was sawing, cutting and sanding.

It looks about 90% right now. Then again..this ain;t no show bike. I have put about 9000 on it since march and it's at 23,000 plus now. I wanted a bike that looked different yes still performed. I think I am close :)
The mods are listed in the Naked forum for those interested.

**edit**
The seat is the stock seat. I am trying to figure out what I am gonna do about that one. It's narrower than the F3 seat.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Another Bandit for the group:

That was taken a couple of months ago; the bike is now turbocharged. Pull 038 was my last normally-aspirated setup, while 042 and 043 were baseline pulls at 19# and 11# respectively:

I've dinked with the cam timing since; short-term goal is around 250 horsepower @ 150-ish torque... more data once I get back on the dyno.

Ed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still got the motor

new to this Forum luv Bandit 12's but fed up wiv Cops an wheelies an Bans 4 so far so needed to slow down after 25 years of riding so i built this instead weighs 370lbs 126bhp at the bac Wheel an runs easy 10's on the Quarter Mile not evey body's ideal bike but i built an i luv it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts