Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Jackson Fusion Standard...

Original Floyd Rose (I like them better than the second)
and I routed it out a bit and mounted my fav effects pedal inside of it...

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
another pic..

·
Premium Member
8,277 Posts
I have an old Alvarez acoustic Model 5212. It's their best selling model of all time.

My electric is a Telestar Dove with a green flecked paint job. It's sorta customized, new pickguard, scalloped fretboard. I need new guts for it but I'm to cheap to buy them.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I'm gonna get flak for this one..yes my name is Elvis, and no I don't play guitar - I play bass:redflip Got me a '68 Fender Jazz, complete. The guy who sold it to me said there was a "bonus" tucked away in the case - the original reciept :eek:hyeah I almost passed out when I saw it cost only $115 back then.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I play a peavy patriot that was given to me on my 12th b-day and i am 26 now. It is painted w/ a faint blood red color over a black that bleeds through the red in the shape of the wood grain. I play on a peavey rage 158 amp w/ a tech4 fx pedal.

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
I have an Alvarez acoustic, a Peavey Predator w/a Studio Pro amp, and had an Epiphone acoustic, but I gave it to my brother.
I have a wah and echo pedal for the electric, which I rarely use.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Destitute said:
I have an Alvarez acoustic, a Peavey Predator w/a Studio Pro amp, and had an Epiphone acoustic, but I gave it to my brother.
I have a wah and echo pedal for the electric, which I rarely use.
which alvarez? the old school yari's were really nice

·
Wrecker of Threads
311 Posts
My guitar blows ass, it's pretty much a beginners guitar, I haven't gotten around to spending money on that ESP, but I think im' gonna start playing bass instead.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have an Ovation Acoustic-Electric...........but I haven't played it in years:(

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
'59 Les Paul Flametop
'98 Jimmy Page Edition Les Paul
'99 PRS McCarty
'98 Taylor 815ce
and a couple others....

24 years playing with the last 12 pro...

I am starting a new site with some free lessons at :

Free Guitar and Bass Lessons

Its not done yet but maybe it'll help some people out...

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
X Racer said:
'59 Les Paul Flametop
'98 Jimmy Page Edition Les Paul
'99 PRS McCarty
'98 Taylor 815ce
and a couple others....

24 years playing with the last 12 pro...

I am starting a new site with some free lessons at :

Free Guitar and Bass Lessons

Its not done yet but maybe it'll help some people out...
is your '59 all original? i had one pass through my store a couple of years ago all original....that thing played sweet

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
X Racer said:
yeah, this one is the older 815ce, I think thats the right year but I'm not sure. This one has the Florentine cutaway instead of the newer style.
they still make the florentine, you just have to tell them to put it on. the first couple of #'s of the serial will tell you what year it is and what day and month it was finished

·
Moderator,
12,930 Posts
I've got a few

'91 Heartfield Elan III
'01 Gibson Faded Flying V
'01 Fender Iron Maiden Stratocaster
'89 Squier Fat Strat (for sale or trade...what'cha got?)
'91 Takamine LTD91 Acoustic-Electric
'75 Classical (hand-made by my Father)
'93 Charvel Surfcaster Bass

I'm currently on the lookout for a nice 12-string acoustic-electric, a Telecaster (or similar), and a ES-335 (or similar).

And one of these days, I'll get one of the 300 Gibson Custom Shop Ace Frehley Les Pauls (of course).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Chetnik said:
I'm gonna get flak for this one..yes my name is Elvis, and no I don't play guitar - I play bass:redflip Got me a '68 Fender Jazz, complete. The guy who sold it to me said there was a "bonus" tucked away in the case - the original reciept :eek:hyeah I almost passed out when I saw it cost only $115 back then.
Maybe you can help me out here. How hard is it to learn bass? compared to a reg guitar? I'm thinking of taking up an instrument again (played sax years ago) and some friends want me to learn bass to play in their band.

·
Moderator,
12,930 Posts
Gah said:
Maybe you can help me out here. How hard is it to learn bass? compared to a reg guitar? I'm thinking of taking up an instrument again (played sax years ago) and some friends want me to learn bass to play in their band.
It's not hard...you just have to learn how to read music in bass clef...unless you cheat and just use tab.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts