Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone played ice hockey. Been dying to get a pick up game.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I play floor hcckey every Sunday, ice hockey every couple of months or so, and coach Ice hockey 3 days a week. New Jersey maybe a bit far to travel for a pickup game though :D

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh drew id skate wit ya. Although i really dont like aspahlt hockey much its really not the same. Last time I played competitive hockey was at CCM several years ago, man i miss it. I haven't even laced up the old skates in almost a year :cry

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey domo
A few of my buds play there or use to play there. Never been to that arena before at least not yet. I've always declined invatations to play that way i just thought it was to far for me just for pick up games, besides there are two arenas right by me SMA and Mennen three if you conside warrinanco(sp) a rink LOL and if you stretch if further chimmney rock and bridgewater.
However since i havent even laced up i would really like to play. But i definatley cant play games without any conditioning.
Domo how long have you been playin?

·
Registered
427 Posts
We used to rent out SMA in HS.... nothign like 2-4am drunken hockey games...Some of my teammates play pick-up at Chimney Rock. I played one year in HS. Freshman year, i couldnt skate, Sophomore year, i was declared academically ineligible (damn prep school), Junior year i started JV (all of 5 game season, damn winter storms) and senior year, i was to play varisty until....

1.) I broke my leg
2.) Dislocated my ankle
3.) tore ligament OFF my ankle

This all happened at the same time in NEW (bought the previous night) Bauer Composites.....

I had surgery a day later and was on ctutches for 14 weeks... missed the whole season.....

I tried out in college and then quit when i realized the NHL wasnt goign to call me. Figured grades were more important

I never played ice again until a co-worker convinced me to come out of retirement for this team...... i sucked at first and coudnt breathe but now its a blast.....

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Domo Kun said:
We used to rent out SMA in HS.... nothign like 2-4am drunken hockey games...Some of my teammates play pick-up at Chimney Rock. I played one year in HS. Freshman year, i couldnt skate, Sophomore year, i was declared academically ineligible (damn prep school), Junior year i started JV (all of 5 game season, damn winter storms) and senior year, i was to play varisty until....

1.) I broke my leg
2.) Dislocated my ankle
3.) tore ligament OFF my ankle
Ouch! that sux. YEah i stopped too after i realized the only time i was even close to playing an NHL game was playing pond hockey with peter stasny and his kids LOL. No in all honesty after college there was nothing else, and rink times and rink cost were just unreasonable. So i guess just us two huh, not much of a game lol. I see your location is lyndhurst the HS had a team?

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TTheInfamous1 said:
Not a hokey player, but I am a fan.

We just got a new arena here in Woodbridge. I haven't checked it out , but I hear its good.
Hey there you are

What going on TJ?

hope its for the rangers. :thumb

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TTheInfamous1 said:
You know it.:D
i new there was a reason why i liked you :thumb :D
But they didnt do so hot against montreal. At least the season is long.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I'm a Rangers fan as well.. but it's been hard to watch them the past few seasons.

Devils suck. :flame :devilfing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts