Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
OH YEAH!

Me and the Zeppelin will be BLAZING this season...
I gotta perfect my backflips :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hell yes.

I have been a walking zombie lately, I can't get my mind off of riding.

I'll be trying my best to be at Stowe, in VT, every weekend this year. It be cool to hook up with any of you to ride with this winter.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TrafficDiver said:
Hell yes.

I have been a walking zombie lately, I can't get my mind off of riding.

I'll be trying my best to be at Stowe, in VT, every weekend this year. It be cool to hook up with any of you to ride with this winter.
hell, im planin a weekend there in Jan...we have to hook up and ride!

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
yeah man, I'll drive it out to vermont, especially if you got someplace for me to crash (I am a marathon 'boarder, its not uncommon for me to ski for 12 hours straight :)

·
Moderator,
17,102 Posts
Last time I boarded was 94-95 season, it was epic. Kirkwood had a 30 foot base that year with nearly 60 of overall snowfall. After the lifts closed for the season, we were still climing to the top and riding down. (freaking 2 hour climb for a three minute ride, was it worth it?)

I boarded nearly every day for about ten months, and I sucked just as bad in the beginning as I did at the end. I don't know what's wrong with me.

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
I tried that shit once in BC.....the idea seemed good.....and it all started out fun.....till I kept falling so hard on my tailbone that I wanted to cry. I made the best of it and managed to do it for half a day but then I shamefully switched to skiing (which I'd never done either).

But considering that I am currently a candidate for back surgery I don't think it was the smartest decision I ever made.

Funny thing was I found "toe edge" a helluva a lot easier than "heel edge" and everyone else was the other way around. Go figure!:D

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
JDogg said:
Carving is the way to ride a board. My brother carves with his board and it is awesome to watch. I want to try but i know how hard it is to ride well.

www.bomberonline.com

thats not regular carving, thats called Euro carving...and its MUCH harder to do...
I tried, I can't do it...my feet are too big... :(

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
I do...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah guys, we'll have to set something up this winter. As for a cheap place to crash, Holiday Inn works for me, always vacancies, cheap breakfast. I went to school in Burlington VT for 4 years so I learned all of the glades at Stowe like the back of my hand, I can show you guys some of the best stuff on the east coast. Well, aside from Jay Peak that is.

And I will definitely try carving some day, that looks like such a rush on freshly groomed slopes.

·
Moderator,
5,464 Posts
ziadel said:
thats not regular carving, thats called Euro carving...and its MUCH harder to do...
I tried, I can't do it...my feet are too big... :(
It's carving on an alpine style board. Regular ski boots and hard bindings.

Your feet are not across the board like a stunter's board.

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Holiday Inn works for me...
Lets all definately get together and hit the slopes :)

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
try to give me some notice, I gotta make reservations and what not...

·
Registered
209 Posts
ziadel said:
try to give me some notice, I gotta make reservations and what not...
Sure. Although I have never had a problem getting a room at Holiday Inn w/out a reservation. But as soon as I know that I'm going I'll post it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts