Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if i can easily put the xb dual headlight set up on a 96 s1

and i would also like an opinion on which is better.

the cone type filter setup or the hypercharger setup (the chrome deal with the vacuum operated butterflies.) I really don't know the difference and i believe i can get either for around the same price.

just wanting to do a little mod to the bike give it a different flavor from the other s1's I've seen any opinions or other mods i could do would be great

·
"You're not worthy."
2,545 Posts
1) I've never seen it, but I imagine you could. You want the Firebolt front end or the Lightning projector beams?

2) On our older Buells, we've seen better results out of the cone style (force) set-up than the Hypercharger -- but of course -- that's a "still air" test inside a dyno room. Be sure you check where either is going to be on the bike and where your legs are. I've seen several set-ups of both that interfere with leg room (sometimes only when "hanging off" the bike, too).

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
had the force on my 98 s1 and no problems with leg clearance. in a dyno room with airforceed at the bike
the force was a lil better than the hyperchrger

with a little modification you can make anything fit

·
Registered
205 Posts
Avoid the Force. If you should happen to have a lowside...I know we dont plan on it, but shit happens...major damage can happen because of the design of that unit. It can & has ripped off your carb or FI. It will tear your throttle cables out, the carb as its being torn off will break fins off the rear cylinder.

1st hand knowledge of this & I have pictures to prove it.

An aircleaner with a relatively flat surface is a better way to go as it will slide better than a Force.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts