Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Start off the BS section right. :D

My girlfriend and I are looking to purchase a home spa in the next month or two and shopping for something you know nothing about really bites..

Just wondering if anyone has any experience and/or opinions about some manufacturers out there, and or some tips on buying/maintaining them?

We seem to have narrowed it down so far to Hot Springs/Caldera/Sundance.

Thanks.

Ian

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clay said:
Well, I've got a bathtub. The secret is...eat LOTS of beans. :twofinger
I'll tell her that's what she should do instead of this idea. :laughing

She'll love it. :D

·
Moderator,
4,026 Posts
All I can tell you about them is they are nice for relaxing at home after a hard days work.

My friend cleans his jets out with a light mix of bleach ever so often to keep away the "sulfer" smell.

Oh... and don't let your wife find out the "secret of the jets" or she'll never need "quality time" with you ever again. :twofinger

·
Forum Leader,
17,387 Posts
HMan said:
Slide in behind her and hang on. If you stay on for 8 seconds you win.
:lol :lol :lol

They can be a pain to keep clean, use a LOT of electricity, and so on.. but when it's 30 degrees out, they ROCK :D

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I thought, but we do have a pool now so the clorine isn't a problem and they have systems now that do everything on their own... Pretty cool.

They said they cost about 25-40 bucks a month to run depending on the quality of the tub...

But again it sucks to not know what they hell you are doing when you are looking to spend so much money. :(

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Technically a hot tub is just a tub that's filled with hot water... Or so we were corrected about. :D We are looking at the home spas... The big things in the backyard type. The dam expensive ones. :D But she wants it, she won't stop until she has it. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Ian said:
Technically a hot tub is just a tub that's filled with hot water... Or so we were corrected about. :D We are looking at the home spas... The big things in the backyard type. The dam expensive ones. :D But she wants it, she won't stop until she has it. :laughing:
You know what she wants it for right? ;) :angel1 :love2

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
Damn how do you get her to pay for "it"? Share the secret....If ya need me to IAN I can make a call for you , email me the brand/size/model and Ill see what my Grandparents say, they own one of the largest pool companies in Missouri.

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, that would be cool.

She's paying because it's her thing. I'm along for the ride. :)

If you don't mind ask them what they know about Hot Springs, Caldera and Sundance Spas. They all look nice, but we aren't too sure what would be better for us as far as quality.

·
6,239 Posts
she said point blank go with hot springs due to maintnance...she also said to look into leisure and baja , but out of the 3 hot springs

P.S. you owe me for that , she is still talking, i havent said anything for 10 minutes

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shit that sucks.. The only Hot Springs I like is fricken expensive and huge. :( But thanks for the info.

The only thing I like about say the Caldera(being made by the same company as Hot Springs) is they have all sorts of jets for different parts of the body, where the Hot Springs you are kinda limited.

But I'll look closer at the Hot Springs. Thanks again.

·
6,239 Posts
shes's still talking.......if caldera is made by hot springs check to see if the parts are mixable if they are go for it...thats what you want to look for is parts availablity

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
DON'T have freak parties at your house... they'll actually SLIME up the tub... :barf

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ian,
I have TONS of friends with hot tubs and they all have different brands and models.
But there is one thing that they ALL say. Buy a Hot Springs.
Two of the 8 people have Hot Springs tubs and the other five wish they spent the extra money.
Some have Jucuzzi's others have some off brand names.

The reasons:
#1 Hot Springs warranty and customer service can't be beat.
#2 Hot Springs tubs are PACKED wall to wall w/ insulation which as you know is how the tub retains heat.
With less heat loss, you spend less on the electricity to heat it. That is the biggest complaint about the cheaper tubs.
The cheaper tubs are so much more expensive to run that they aren't kept running as much and therefore not used as much.

One of the guys that has the Hot Springs tub developed a tiny crack in the shell. They came out a fixed it. Two years later it cracked again. The tub was out of warranty but Hot Springs sent 6 guys out to pick the tub up and replace it w/ a BRAND NEW model. My friends old cover didn't fit the new model, so they gave him one for free and gave him extra chemicals and filters since he had some in the tub they took.
Top notch. (I think that also depends on the dealer you have)

Just the info/opinions that I have.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts