Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Miller TIG welder and was wondering if there was anyone on here that might teach me how to use it?? i have just been playing around with it for now, read some things on line but would like to get some guidence from someone. i had someone that was going to show me but cant get a hold of him....

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Best thing to do is practice lots. I have taught myself as well as that is. I would never weld something and trust it like a bike frame or something. But I do a lot of exhaust and other stuff. Mines a MIG though. I would love to learn TIG.

Another good thing is reading on it. Finding out about how metals work together and heat ranges and stuff. I think there are a couple of awesome welders on here that do it for a living. Isn't Bordnbill one?

Here is a cool site to check out on alternative welding styles. This guy lives in Oly and I have seen his stuff. Check out the videos.

http://muggyweld.com/

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Green929rr actually welds all the time, might want to hit him up. Or I can talk Jeff at Fine Finish into hosting some kind of clinic if you really want to get in depth.

·
book a show,i promise i wont crash
1,072 Posts
DanGTI337 said:
Green929rr actually welds all the time, might want to hit him up. Or I can talk Jeff at Fine Finish into hosting some kind of clinic if you really want to get in depth.
or just give me that new tig for x-mas;)

but seriously i would help you out if you need it ,i use a mig personaly but i am slowly getting in time on a tig when i can hit me up ,pm

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a mig too, learned how to do that, not perfect at it but....The TIG welder is much more involed, lots of things to do at once.

I'll check out that link jim, thanks

brian i'll get back to ya after the holidays

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
TLRMAN welds like no other and for a very good price. however he is not too good at dual welding.:redflip

·
Terminally Adolescent
2,506 Posts
My girl can mig weld better than most guys.

·
Moderator,
8,310 Posts
jim_d2p said:

Isn't Bordnbill one?

That would not be me. I don't weld. I have a buddy that does it for me.

·
BE SAFE AND RIDE SMART
5,602 Posts
Yes sir have and have used a Miller S/W180 tig for years....

I can show you the basic and trust me that a real good start.

I am a great teacher as long as you take notes. Welding has to be done weekly or you loose the nack but it comes back very fast with a little practice.

Lance

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
TLRMAN said:
Yes sir have and have used a Miller S/W180 tig for years....

I can show you the basic and trust me that a real good start.

I am a great teacher as long as you take notes. Welding has to be done weekly or you loose the nack but it comes back very fast with a little practice.

Lance
I knew you did but wasnt sure if you had time?? i just got miller SD180. that would be great if you could show me a few things, you live a few mintunes from me too, so it will make things easier..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts